Stop StubHub – Important Update

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking despise how the club keeps saying "Ooh we don't get any money from sales" when they most probably get a £1m+ fee as a lump sum for the season.

I don't understand in what world this is better than the old TicketExchange. Even if they just stuck a £3/£4 'admin fee' on the old system they'd surely be making more money? Although obviously there'd be no incentive for ST holders to sell their tickets..

They've basically incentivised the sale of tickets, is what i've just come to realise through writing this.

Someone needs to tell the club that anything above face plus costs is touting.

Even dumber cunts than the cunts that buy through stub hub
Carlito can you please explain, why as a life long and avid spurs fan who now lives in oz, I am a cunt if I travel back to London and attend a game at WHL, having only been able to buy a ticket from stubhub (general sale tickets sold out)

Carlito can you please explain, why as a life long and avid spurs fan who now lives in oz, I am a cunt if I travel back to London and attend a game at WHL, having only been able to buy a ticket from stubhub (general sale tickets sold out)

Don't argue against the grain, obviously everyone lives in N17 and the only people benefiting from Stubhub are the people selling the tickets and especially not the fans who live abroad who can't get a ticket any other way.

How about twitter? Or here? Or one of the other multitude of spurs sites? Let me guess does your trip back coincide with Woolwich at home?

How would you have gone about buying tickets for a game last year before stubhub started?

How would you have gone about buying tickets for a game last year before stubhub started?

So darren, when you got clobbered by that Woolwich fan, you know, the one that clobbered you so hard your trousers fell down and you lay prostrate on the pavement with your kecks round your ankles...

That one yeah? Why did that fella hit you Darren?

I'm another aussie who wants tix. If we want 2 tix we need to join as lilywhite members, cost another 100-120 pound, hope that tix are available what one or two weeks prior game yet organise air travel anx accom hopinng all this happens plus for wife we need two adjoining seats.
It ain't easy but yeah we want to be in that number.
Bigger stadium, allocate overseas seats, organise fair ticket exchNge for uk spurs ?
But yeah i agree stubhub atm is a rip-off and promotes touting, encouragez existing st members to hold tix and make money or reduce their st cost.
It also stops existing st from handing tix onto next generation.
Rant over - don't blame the aussies.

I'm another aussie who wants tix. If we want 2 tix we need to join as lilywhite members, cost another 100-120 pound, hope that tix are available what one or two weeks prior game yet organise air travel anx accom hopinng all this happens plus for wife we need two adjoining seats.
It ain't easy but yeah we want to be in that number.
Bigger stadium, allocate overseas seats, organise fair ticket exchNge for uk spurs ?
But yeah i agree stubhub atm is a rip-off and promotes touting, encouragez existing st members to hold tix and make money or reduce their st cost.
It also stops existing st from handing tix onto next generation.
Rant over - don't blame the aussies.

You didn't need to be a member to buy tickets from the old exchange though so unless you wanted to buy tickets for a game that had sold out to members I can't see your point.

Nobody is having a go at the Aussies or any other foreign supporters but any system should be focused on the people who are likely to use it the most and that's just one of the reasons that UK based Spurs fans believe they are being given such a raw deal by the club right now.

You didn't need to be a member to buy tickets from the old exchange though so unless you wanted to buy tickets for a game that had sold out to members I can't see your point.

Nobody is having a go at the Aussies or any other foreign supporters but any system should be focused on the people who are likely to use it the most and that's just one of the reasons that UK based Spurs fans believe they are being given such a raw deal by the club right now.

See cause I heard you spat on his car.....is that true did you spit on his car?

Bit weird if so.

Generally speaking you wouldn't book a flight to the UK just to watch a Spurs match, you'd have a flight booked and then check which games are happening. If you are a member, like me, even though I left the UK 4 years ago, you can then use your membership to get a ticket as anyone else would as the tickets are available a number of weeks before the game if memory serves.

Problem I have is bad luck with this as everytime I've been back to the UK Spurs have played away two games on the trot every time! Problem with away games is they rarely go to members if it's somewhere close enough to London anyway.

The old ticket exchange system was only for season-ticket holders again - as per this email I got from Spurs when I tried to exchange my ticket as I couldn't attend the game.

As a Bronze Member you are unable to sell your ticket via the online ticket exchange scheme. The Scheme was initially to include Bronze members but then a refund policy was put in place.

and if I recall correctly the refund was about 70% of the ticket value anyway.

Only season ticket holders could sell but anyone, including fans of other clubs, could buy tickets.

Usually if there was a reason, such as rescheduled games, that a member couldn't attend a game they had previously bought tickets for the club would offer a refund but this was at their discretion.

Should the club for any reason decide they weren't willing to refund then certainly THST would always look to use our good relationships within the ticketing and customer care teams to work out a solution.

You're supporting a system that exploits supporters. It's a vile system that shouldn't be anywhere near any football club. You can get face value tickets on twitter.

You're supporting a system that exploits supporters. It's a vile system that shouldn't be anywhere near any football club. You can get face value tickets on twitter.

It's very hard to design a flawless system. The primary objective of it should be to cater for those who attend regularly as opposed to those who make a trip from overseas once every 4 years.

As it stands its a complete fucking rip off. The fact it might make it easier for people who rarely attend is hardly a compromise

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/update-–-stubhub-190214/

Season ticket holders have been able to use the system to recoup ticket monies when they have been unable to attend a match. At the same time, supporters who previously may not have been able to attend have been able to access tickets to our matches.
Both the Club and Stubhub undertook to review the service as the season progressed in order to monitor the use of the platform, conscious of our position of having a stadium that sells out and has a high demand for tickets.
Almost a fifth of Season ticket holders and over 6,500 fans have used the new platform since its introduction at the start of the season. However, a small minority of listings have gone against the spirit of the service and we shall now look to address these.
The flipping of tickets on the StubHub site will be prevented and prohibited to ensure that fans wishing to list at a reasonable price can be reassured that those same tickets cannot be purchased and resold at a higher price.
Additionally, during the close season, both the Club and StubHub will review the full season’s ticketing data with a view to amending season ticket Terms and Conditions and implementing new processes in respect of pricing on the platform. The Club will update supporters on these revisions in due course.'

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/update-–-stubhub-190214/

Season ticket holders have been able to use the system to recoup ticket monies when they have been unable to attend a match. At the same time, supporters who previously may not have been able to attend have been able to access tickets to our matches.
Both the Club and Stubhub undertook to review the service as the season progressed in order to monitor the use of the platform, conscious of our position of having a stadium that sells out and has a high demand for tickets.
Almost a fifth of Season ticket holders and over 6,500 fans have used the new platform since its introduction at the start of the season. However, a small minority of listings have gone against the spirit of the service and we shall now look to address these.
The flipping of tickets on the StubHub site will be prevented and prohibited to ensure that fans wishing to list at a reasonable price can be reassured that those same tickets cannot be purchased and resold at a higher price.
Additionally, during the close season, both the Club and StubHub will review the full season’s ticketing data with a view to amending season ticket Terms and Conditions and implementing new processes in respect of pricing on the platform. The Club will update supporters on these revisions in due course.'
Small steps... guess at the very least it shows that they're not completely ignoring the complaints from THST et al.

The club should just go the Bayern way and remove season tickets from the minority who barely attend a match, there should be a cut-off like 50% of games.

The only way to stop stub hub making money from their 15% commission is to list your tickets for £0.01. (And now that tickets bought on stubhub can't be re-listed it's feasible)

I know it's not realistic to expect people to give their tickets away for free but it's the only power we have to get stub hub out.

I'm sure people coming from abroad would prefer to use an "official" channel for ticket purchasing rather than @SomeRandomDudeOnTwitter

Back
Top Bottom