Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He needs to score when an opportunity arises but invariably misses or tries a pass to save the embarrassment of missing. He can go but whilst we have a long list of players including him that can go if a suitable offer comes in, will it? 2/3 max can go in January and it will be who gets an offer. I think he is more likely to stay until the summer but unless he starts scoring that should be his limit.

As much as I like Steven it is probably better to move him on and replacing him with a pure right wing player that can rotate more with Moura.

We're packed at left wing with Son, Bryan and Sessegnon if need be.

Bang average player that has no input on any game he plays. Doesn’t score and can’t assist either. He is just pointless. Started off very promising, but never truly kicked on. Get sold asap
Doesn’t score or can’t assist is a simpletons view of a player…. If he’s playing in the middle third and doing a solid team role that’s no issue eg working hard, carrying the ball well and passing it and being involved in attacking moves. He’s not a striker or a 10

Yes his finishing is shite but we should look beyond that. I prefer him to Lucas all day long

Doesn’t score or can’t assist is a simpletons view of a player…. If he’s playing in the middle third and doing a solid team role that’s no issue eg working hard, carrying the ball well and passing it and being involved in attacking moves. He’s not a striker or a 10

Yes his finishing is shite but we should look beyond that. I prefer him to Lucas all day long
That would be okay if he was a wingback. But he plays as one of the 3 attackers in our 343, and if you cant score or assist while playing as an attacker..you suck. Still a better option than shoving in Gil though, who doesnt look close to being ready for this league.

Sometimes signings don't work out, no shame in that and I don't see why you would bear ill will towards the player. Appears to have put the effort in when on the pitch, what more can you ask for.

He's not been cunty and I'm not going to slag him off. It's a shame it hasn't worked out for him and us. Good luck to him in his future endeavours and all that, but it is definitely time to move him on - for both our sakes.

That would be okay if he was a wingback. But he plays as one of the 3 attackers in our 343, and if you cant score or assist while playing as an attacker..you suck. Still a better option than shoving in Gil though, who doesnt look close to being ready for this league.
When has he played in a 343? He played in Jose’s 8-2-0

Both him and Gil look like middle third players to me rather than front 3 attackers

As much as I like Steven it is probably better to move him on and replacing him with a pure right wing player that can rotate more with Moura.

We're packed at left wing with Son, Bryan and Sessegnon if need be.
What rubbish, being right footed he can easily play on the right and actually (unsurprisingly) contributes more on his natural side throughout his career there, that is also where he usually plays for Holland.

He doesn't rotate because he's nowhere near as good.

Sold-a-dudd-o
Janssen
Falque
N’Jie
N’Koudou
Bergy
Vinicius
The wrong Fernandes
Jack Clarke

We’ve bought some shit as fuck forwards in recent years!

Sold-a-dudd-o
Janssen
Falque

Yikes, you're digging back a bit aren't you?

Anyway.... Looks like he turned out ok as many expected he would.

N’Jie
N’Koudou
Bergy
Vinicius

Was a loan... Didn't buy him.... Did the job he was brought it for,

The wrong Fernandes
Jack Clarke

We’ve bought some shit as fuck forwards in recent years!

He was a loan option to cover for Sissoko's injury during a time our squad were dropping like flies...... Not a forward.

Yikes, you're digging back a bit aren't you?

Anyway.... Looks like he turned out ok as many expected he would.

Was a loan... Didn't buy him.... Did the job he was brought it for,

He was a loan option to cover for Sissoko's injury during a time our squad were dropping like flies...... Not a forward.
They were all crap for us. How they’ve fared at other clubs is irrelevant. Terrible forward signings over a consistent period of time. That’s my point. The reason Vinicius and Fernandes were returned - despite the agreed options to buy - is that they were utter crap.

They were all crap for us. How they’ve fared at other clubs is irrelevant. Terrible forward signings over a consistent period of time. That’s my point. The reason Vinicius and Fernandes were returned - despite the agreed options to buy - is that they were utter crap.
As shit as Vinicius was in the PL, and he was truly laughable, I would have preferred to pay another loan and keep him 13 months as opposed to not having any cup backup for Kane and Son.

I can’t help but think if he really wanted to be here he would have not played during the intentional break and trained with Spurs. Although he did well for Holland, his opportunity to play more for them would be easy if he was playing well for Spurs. He could have had a chance to make a real impression with Conte but didn’t take it.

Back
Top Bottom