Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

0 goals and 0 assists in well into double figure games this season ain't cutting it. Not even managed either against some of the farmers we've played. If dele had the same output with the same amount of playing time (someone I'm very critical of) people would be baying for blood. Barring a couple of brilliant moments (and even in those games he was largely anonymous ) he's been absolutely average at best. He's being carried he can't even beat a player.

Not wanting to coat the lad off but I have said it many times now, I just don't see what he brings to the party. Perhaps I am not noticing his defensive work? Because he offers very little up front.

I am genuinely confused by his inclusion in the starting 11 week in week out.

0 goals and 0 assists in well into double figure games this season ain't cutting it. Not even managed either against some of the farmers we've played. If dele had the same output with the same amount of playing time (someone I'm very critical of) people would be baying for blood. Barring a couple of brilliant moments (and even in those games he was largely anonymous ) he's been absolutely average at best. He's being carried he can't even beat a player.
We're about to sell Dele as well...

I think his attitude has been much better lately. I honestly think out on the right wing hed add more to this team than bergwijn right now.
Just play Dele in the middle ahead of kane.

We're about to sell Dele as well...

What does Dele have to do with Bergwijn?

Dele is a terrible option in his preferred position are people now suggesting that he should be played as a winger?

I guess he can't be much worse than now and since he has zero concept of positional play he might as well be out of position as a winger like he is when he plays in the midfield.

Not wanting to coat the lad off but I have said it many times now, I just don't see what he brings to the party. Perhaps I am not noticing his defensive work? Because he offers very little up front.

I am genuinely confused by his inclusion in the starting 11 week in week out.
He seems to be getting picked purely for that defensive work.

I think Utd last year was the last time i saw him actually break forward and beat a man and he scored off the back of it.

Really poor performance today. Looks average more often than not.
Think we need a higher calibre of player to be regularly starting before we consider ourselves genuine title contenders.

Seems more and more like a Levy bargain than a Jose gem - absolutely terrible player

Back
Top Bottom