Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because like him some folks also have opinions, not entirely zero rancour he had his say while he was here and has continued his digs since then. I quite like the boy, he’s obviously irked and moved clubs but hasn’t apparently moved on. Good luck to him maybe as that Dutch coach said we’re too ambitious for him
That makes no sense. I haven't challenged his right to an opinion...And you need to look up what rancour means. He has not shown long standing bitterness. He has simply said he wants more game time. That is not some mayor slight on our club guess some folk just need everything to be contentious.

That makes no sense. I haven't challenged his right to an opinion...And you need to look up what rancour means. He has not shown long standing bitterness. He has simply said he wants more game time. That is not some mayor slight on our club guess some folk just need everything to be contentious.
But he didn’t just simply say he wanted more game time. Joe Rodon got next to no game time but I haven’t heard anything from his international duties, differed player or maybe different attitude.
Conte didn’t pick him for a reason, should we be questioning the manager. From where I stand Stevie should have been given more games but what the hell do I know or you as a matter of fact.

I’ll Google rancour thanks for the advice.

BERGWIJN STRUGGLING AFTER LEAVING TOTTENHAM​

Well, the Netherlands international has scored ten goals in 17 appearances already this season, which is quite a good return, in truth.

However, it has not convinced Kieft, who believes Bergwijn has reverted back to the “erratic” forward he was at PSV Eindhoven.

As quoted by Ajax Showtime, the analyst said: “I also have to tell you honestly that Bergwijn, after a pretty good start in the league, is again a bit the erratic player he already was at PSV.”

BERGWIJN STRUGGLING AFTER LEAVING TOTTENHAM​

Well, the Netherlands international has scored ten goals in 17 appearances already this season, which is quite a good return, in truth.

However, it has not convinced Kieft, who believes Bergwijn has reverted back to the “erratic” forward he was at PSV Eindhoven.

As quoted by Ajax Showtime, the analyst said: “I also have to tell you honestly that Bergwijn, after a pretty good start in the league, is again a bit the erratic player he already was at PSV.”

A shame because he’s obviously a talented player.

Seems like a lot of players with ability don’t have a good head on their shoulders.

Is it getting worse as these players get wrapped in cotton wool on their teens or just me being an old fart?

Just read/realized we got 30+ million for this fucking player...and then realized how quickly some folks could see he was shit and some still didn't at his time of return to the Eredivisie (oh, what a few early shiny objects can do to a fanbase). Really wish we'd have recognized his level earlier instead of wasting so much time and column inches in wishful thinking.

Good news is we've gone and done it again this summer with Kulu so we have a few seasons to repeat the mistake. So you folks that are still getting it wrong...give yourselves a pat on the back.

Just read/realized we got 30+ million for this fucking player...and then realized how quickly some folks could see he was shit and some still didn't at his time of return to the Eredivisie (oh, what a few early shiny objects can do to a fanbase). Really wish we'd have recognized his level earlier instead of wasting so much time and column inches in wishful thinking.

Good news is we've gone and done it again this summer with Kulu so we have a few seasons to repeat the mistake. So you folks that are still getting it wrong...give yourselves a pat on the back.
Gréât post Todd. Thanks for reviving this thread with the sole intention of being a spanner.

Thanks for confirming to everyone on this site that you know fuck all about football.

Delete your account.

Thanks for confirming to everyone on this site that you know fuck all about football.

Delete your account.
Hey Goat! Good to see that you are still in the camp of Bergwijn coming good...and the respective Mou, Conte, Sess, Doherty, Nkoudou, Njie and Lenglet camps of coming good. Presumably you were still in the Dele camp of coming good as well. You are nothing if not consistently wrong and I say there is some merit to that...not much, but some...I guess. So would typically I would look forward to you accosting me when it becomes clear (to the less keenly observant) that Kulu is shit too but, you know, I gotta delete.

Please consider my account deleted. :mourfinger:

I can at least fathom why people rate Kulu. With good' ol Steven I was baffled by the clutch of posters who were convinced we'd regret letting him go because he scored in a few international friendlies and got a couple off the bench.

Startlingly lacking in all of the attributes which make a dangerous wide player.

I can at least fathom why people rate Kulu.
Early shiny objects are a killer to objective evaluation. There's prolly a small group of Red Cafe holdouts that believe Fernando/Federico (?) Macheda will come good because he scored on his debut... So yeah, they had something to hang their hats on with Kulu but not Bergwijn.
With good' ol Steven I was baffled by the clutch of posters who were convinced we'd regret letting him go because he scored in a few international friendlies and got a couple off the bench.
Up to the day he left there were folks saying it. Wasn't one of my bailiwicks so I'll just leave them to it.
Startlingly lacking in all of the attributes which make a dangerous wide player.
I mean, seriously! cretinousgoat cretinousgoat -like pace, couldn't dribble, delivery ???, and finished about as well as you...that's all a bad combo. But we got 30+ million so we kinda screwed Ajax back for your boy Sanchez.

Back
Top Bottom