Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Excellent player. Technical dribbling and touch, fast, great awareness, great passing.

Desperately needs shooting technique. I wonder if Kane can help him. Shooting technique, especially when it comes to timing and power, can be taught.

I thought he was one of the only players that showed anything today. He justified his inclusion with his running today, transitioned the ball very well with little help.
Yeah he's more suited to hold up play than Sonny is in the same role in this sort of game.

He does go to ground too easily though, that's a frustrating element to his game. A bowling ball like him isn't going to get those calls.

Thought he actually looked decent today given the opposition

One of our better players

He certainly plays better with his back to goal than Son

ZDLHk9b.jpg

I thought he was one of the only players that showed anything today. He justified his inclusion with his running today, transitioned the ball very well with little help.

Agreed. Actually looked like a player that was trying to take it to Chelsea.

Pleasantly surprised how good his hold up play is.

Played alright today IMO against a very solid and condescend Chelsea defence. Mad some good runs, held the ball up very well (one of his strengths) and had 1/2 half chances on goal. His runs open up space for the rest of the team. Would like to seem him get a run of games now that Son is out for the foreseeable future

... In what world were PEH and Winks our best players today? Did I miss something?
It's from Sofascore - it's not perfect but they're unobjective scores based on actual contribution

Winks
52 touches
5/6 ground duals won
29/36 passes
2/3 dribble attempts
2 interceptions
2 clearances
1 key pass

PEH
51 touches
6/7 ground duals won
30/37 passes
3 interceptions
3 clearances
1 key pass

All things considered they actually did more and got involved more than other players...

Honestly a front 3 with Berg Kane and Son could be deadly if used properly. And I don't think that means Berg as the right winger in a front 3.

It'll be interesting to see what Conté does when Son returns. I really don't think Berg should just be an understudy to Son.

Honestly a front 3 with Berg Kane and Son could be deadly if used properly. And I don't think that means Berg as the right winger in a front 3.

It'll be interesting to see what Conté does when Son returns. I really don't think Berg should just be an understudy to Son.
I could actually see Conte converting him into a striker if we don't get one in a window (we won't)

He plays well with his back to goal and his hold up play was surprisingly pretty good today

I could actually see Conte converting him into a striker if we don't get one in a window (we won't)

He plays well with his back to goal and his hold up play was surprisingly pretty good today

He also has it in him to turn defenders. Just has to get better converting but also setting himself up in tight situation for a shoot. He has the quick feet to do that.

Back
Top Bottom