...starting 11 for the 2012/2013 season (Nostradamusish)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

GK :brad:

Defence :walker: :kaboul: Vertonghen(there should be a smilie by now) Pereira ( :baeshock: )

Midfield :sandro: Dembele
Sturridge :rafaaaa: Bale

Striker :adegrin2:

AVB manager obv

Not sure on Sturridge, English player cost inflation and Chelsea not needing to sell, especially to a rival would make it difficult, but DiMatteo seems to fucking hate him and AVB rated him (as do I) think Azza needs to have an injury free season this year, so sporadic injury wise in the last few seasons, need backup :gio: :harrylol:
Be more than happy with Ade, love him, fuck the past, he hates them and loves us, CL quality.
Hard to see a new manager accept BAE, Periera can cover left back and left wing if :bale: fancies the right again, AVB loves the 'cut inside onto strongest foot wingers'. Vertonghen.........
Yeah, thats my prediction anyway.

I think we should take a leaf out of Vicente Del Bosque's book and just play a 4-6-0

Friedel
Walker, Kaboul, Dawson, BAE
Lennon, Sandro, Parker, Thudd, VDV, Bale

(By the way, this isn't actually the way I think we would be most successful, just that seeing as we currently do not know who our manager is and have not signed any players it's quite difficult to predict what the team will be. And this line-up is about as likely as one with Neymar/Sturridge or Falcao in it)

Realistically, something like...

Krul
Walker Caulker Kaboul Ekotto
Lennon Sandro Glyfi Bale
Van der Vaart
Adebayor

Maybe Jan for Caulker and Huddlestone for VdV allowing Glyfi, Lennon and Bale forwards more.

Luka gone and Parker burnt out early on.

Some back up signings like Mandzukic and hopefully more use of the youth team.

Mandzukic has joined Bayern Munich I think.

Lloris

Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Coentrao

Sandro Moutinho

Lennon van der Vaart Bale

Adebayor

Is not to unlikely.

It's too hard to say but I'm guess at:

[centre](New Goalkeeper)
Walker Kaboul (New Centreback) Benny
Lennon Sandro Parker Bale
VDV
(New Striker)[/centre]

Lloris

Walker Kaboul Vertonghen BAE

Lennon Parker Moutinho Bale

VDV/Sig?

Ade

Really can't see it being much different apart from acquiring good replacements for Ledley and Luka and getting Lloris, seeing as Lyon don't want him... Oh... And making sure we sign Adebayor! The only way I can really see this team being any different depends on the new investment surely?

Belgian Spur said:
Dannyboy said:
Mandzukic has joined Bayern Munich I think.

Lloris

Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Coentrao
Sandro Moutinho

Lennon van der Vaart Bale

Adebayor

Is not to unlikely.

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay what ? :baeshock:

I'm doing a classic tabloid thing of adding AVB + Tottenham = all Portuguese players

GK - Lloris*
LB - Assou-Ekotto
CB - Kaboul
CB - Vertonghen*)
RB - Walker
LCM - Sandro
RCM - Moutinho*
CM- Van der Vaart
LW - Bale
RW - Jesus Navas*
CF - Adebayor*

...I be dreamin'