Squads 2022-23

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Courtesy of Spursidol Spursidol (see later post below) I have updated the squad list as UEFA have changed their regulations and Davies is now considered HG.

EPLUCL
NON-HG (14)NON-HG (17)
1LLORISLLORIS1
2ROYALROYAL2
3ROMEROROMERO3
4DIERDIER4
5LENGLETLENGLET5
6SANCHEZSANCHEZ6
7PERISICPERISIC7
8HOJBJERGHOJBJERG8
9BENTANCURBENTANCUR9
10BISSOUMABISSOUMA10
11KULUSEVSKIKULUSEVSKI11
12MOURAMOURA12
13RICHARLISONRICHARLISON13
14SONSON14
SARR15
GIL16
DOHERTY17
HG (9)ASSOCIATION (4)
1DOHERTY
2DAVIESDAVIES1
3FORSTERFORSTER2
4SESSEGNONSESSEGNON3
5SPENCESPENCE4
CLUB TRAINED (4)
6AUSTINAUSTIN1
7TANGANGATANGANGA2
8SKIPPSKIPP3
9KANEKANE4
SQUAD TOTAL: 23SQUAD TOTAL: 25
UNDER 21UNDER 21
GIL
SARR
WHITEWHITE
TOTAL: 26TOTAL: 26

Last edited:

Unless I am mistaken the above list contains 18 non HG. So someone has to drop out.
Here's the new squads (TO BE UPDATED)

EPLUCL
NON-HG (14)NON-HG (18)
1LLORISLLORIS1
2ROYALROYAL2
3ROMEROROMERO3
4DIERDIER4
5LENGLETLENGLET5
6SANCHEZSANCHEZ6
7PERISICPERISIC7
8HOJBJERGHOJBJERG8
9BENTANCURBENTANCUR9
10BISSOUMABISSOUMA10
11KULUSEVSKIKULUSEVSKI11
12MOURAMOURA12
14SONSON14
SARR15
GIL16
DOHERTY17
DAVIES18
HG (9)ASSOCIATION (3)
1DOHERTY
2DAVIES
3FORSTERFORSTER1
4SESSEGNONSESSEGNON2
5SPENCESPENCE3
CLUB TRAINED (4)
6AUSTINAUSTIN1
7TANGANGATANGANGA2
8SKIPPSKIPP3
9KANEKANE4
UNDER 21UNDER 21
GIL
SARR
WHITEWHITE

There is a spare club trained spot for UCL so, as over age players, in theory Lyons-Foster or Mukendie could be named in the UCL squad.
I love these lists, they bring me so much joy
I always wonder how people know this stuff?!

Unless I am mistaken the above list contains 18 non HG. So someone has to drop out.
Here's the new squads (TO BE UPDATED)

EPLUCL
NON-HG (14)NON-HG (18)
1LLORISLLORIS1
2ROYALROYAL2
3ROMEROROMERO3
4DIERDIER4
5LENGLETLENGLET5
6SANCHEZSANCHEZ6
7PERISICPERISIC7
8HOJBJERGHOJBJERG8
9BENTANCURBENTANCUR9
10BISSOUMABISSOUMA10
11KULUSEVSKIKULUSEVSKI11
12MOURAMOURA12
14SONSON14
SARR15
GIL16
DOHERTY17
DAVIES18
HG (9)ASSOCIATION (3)
1DOHERTY
2DAVIES
3FORSTERFORSTER1
4SESSEGNONSESSEGNON2
5SPENCESPENCE3
CLUB TRAINED (4)
6AUSTINAUSTIN1
7TANGANGATANGANGA2
8SKIPPSKIPP3
9KANEKANE4
UNDER 21UNDER 21
GIL
SARR
WHITEWHITE

There is a spare club trained spot for UCL so, as over age players, in theory Lyons-Foster or Mukendie could be named in the UCL squad.

Well well well. Extraordinary to alter the definition, or application of the uefa regulations.

Well well well. Extraordinary to alter the definition, or application of the uefa regulations.

A welcome surprise. Explains why we were after James. (?)
Puzzling why this rule change was not publicised earlier.
A full 25 man squad also means no theoretical inclusion of BLF or Mukendie.

Last edited:
Presume that is Doherty as well? Makes then both more valuable in the market (and any other Cardiff/Swansea youth).

A welcome surprise. Explains why we were after James.
Puzzling why this rule change was not publicised earlier.
A full 25 man squad also means no theoretical inclusion of BLF or Mukendie.

A huge surprise.

The tweet seems to suggest that either Spurs or Swansea/Cardiff/Welsh FA or The FA have bent UEFA ear over this issue - the position has been that Swansea and Cardiff are affiliated to the Welsh FA although their disciplinary issues are 'subcontracted out' to The FA/PL so that any disciplinary issues are dealt with on a level field with other PL/clubs. The reason why the Welsh FA link is important is that they want to show they are not the same as The FA so as to justify a separate Welsh national team. Nothing in the tweet to suggest anything has changed other than the interpretation of the rules by UEFA ?

You could have ignored Mukendi- I can almost count on my hands the number of times he's started for u21's in last 3 years. 20 year old White is a far better player and more likely to start than him - although I'm not sure his chances ae that high

Presume that is Doherty as well? Makes then both more valuable in the market (and any other Cardiff/Swansea youth).

Doherty is slightly different - he trained with Wolves but then was loaned to Hibs (affiliated to the Scottish FA) I think for 6 months, and there only completed 2.5 years rather than 3 years training with a club affiliated to the FA. No Scottish clubs play in PL or EFL and all disciplinary matters dealt with by Scots not the FA.

But with the kimono being opened up, no harm in enquiring off UEFA ? But maybe less chance of success ?

A huge surprise.

The tweet seems to suggest that either Spurs or Swansea/Cardiff/Welsh FA or The FA have bent UEFA ear over this issue - the position has been that Swansea and Cardiff are affiliated to the Welsh FA although their disciplinary issues are 'subcontracted out' to The FA/PL so that any disciplinary issues are dealt with on a level field with other PL/clubs. The reason why the Welsh FA link is important is that they want to show they are not the same as The FA so as to justify a separate Welsh national team. Nothing in the tweet to suggest anything has changed other than the interpretation of the rules by UEFA ?

You could have ignored Mukendi- I can almost count on my hands the number of times he's started for u21's in last 3 years. 20 year old White is a far better player and more likely to start than him - although I'm not sure his chances ae that high
And it also shows that Paratici knows all the rules. He and Conte know we we need a full 25 man squad.
Poor squad management in the past means I believe this is the first time we have had a full EUFA squad.
I think last year it was 22.

Doherty is slightly different - he trained with Wolves but then was loaned to Hibs (affiliated to the Scottish FA) I think for 6 months, and there only completed 2.5 years rather than 3 years training with a club affiliated to the FA. No Scottish clubs play in PL or EFL and all disciplinary matters dealt with by Scots not the FA.

But with the kimono being opened up, no harm in enquiring off UEFA ? But maybe less chance of success ?

Yeah, no chance, thought it was a Welsh early career thing again, which makes sense as they are regulated by the FA. Maybe the loans could be challenged as still “Playing for parent”, as this may help keep our best talents more, rather than more going Germany etc (which helps them, but cripples HG situations = Noni now not HG for anyone, etc.

Bellingham won’t be after Jan window I think, worth a cheeky bid? (Serious actually, if we are above Pool and looking strong, I’d go all in! Rumours of Pool, but think they are going to be in transition this season)

The more interesting question now would be Joe Rodon (Swansea trained) either as a CB with Spurs (now HG) or indeed if he was sold after his loan as an HG player
Certainly increases his value. His presumed non HG status probs a big reason why he couldn't get an EPL loan/sale.

The more interesting question now would be Joe Rodon (Swansea trained) either as a CB with Spurs (now HG) or indeed if he was sold after his loan as an HG player
Kind of explains the high (especially for a French team) buy out clause, but if known then surely a Prem team would have swooped?!).

Forgot about Joe, as you say it potentially doubles his value, or near to that kind of level.

Back
Top Bottom