Spursplay

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Behave!!!
rik mayall GIF

o

There's a story in the Times this morning about a higher than usual number of Netflix, Disney+, etc. subscription cancellations at the moment; can't say I'm surprised. This doesn't seem like the time to launch another one TBH.

Oh and I saw that Amazon will also have some CL matches from 2024, so there's another one to add to the annual cost of watching football in a couple of years. Soon every match will be on a different channel.

I know what you mean, but this is pretty niche and is targeting a specific audience so will probably be seen differently for most. I suspect that its largely a PR exercise and aimed at non-uk based fans ultimately. They’re obviously aiming to make some profit, but I think it may be partly about raising the club profile abroad too. Of course there’s every chance I’m wrong though!
I’m happy to get it at £35 with my membership discount, but £45 may have been too much for me. Its a one off annual purchase that will come out of my footie fund rather than an ongoing thing like my Netflix or Spotify. I think many people will see it that way too.
I do think they should have given it free to season ticket holders or at least a slightly higher discount than members though.

"Within 24 hours" I read on the official site.

That's a bit of a wait if you couldn't watch a game live but avoid knowing the score till a bit later and watch "as live". I think there might be Match of the Day issues in that regard

Haha that's exactly the scenario I'm hoping to use the service in! I'll find a way if it's within 24h!

Not cool because it's the first step on the road to putting all match highlights behind a paywall. The moment the club thinks it can get money out of you for YouTube content, it'll start moving things over to this streaming service and before you know it you'll be paying for content you can currently watch for free.

Personally, I would rather they reinstated the old season review DVDs instead of trying to clobber us for £45 a year for content we won't own and that they can remove at a moment's notice. If you have the disc, no one can take it from you.

DVD :mourpointlaugh:

Back
Top Bottom