Spurs Youth 2022/23

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still no 3 at the back
Rose out of semi retirement - Was half expecting Dawson or Chris Cowlin to come on in 2nd half
Craig who was on our 1st team bench for the last 5 or so games couldn't control a game against Enfield Town.
Trialist looked like he'd won a competition to play.
Mukendi.....utterly speechless that he is representing the club in any kind of fixture. Wouldn't start for Enfield Town.
Subs improved things a little.
A shambles of an evening.

Still no 3 at the back
Rose out of semi retirement - Was half expecting Dawson or Chris Cowlin to come on in 2nd half
Craig who was on our 1st team bench for the last 5 or so games couldn't control a game against Enfield Town.
Trialist looked like he'd won a competition to play.
Mukendi.....utterly speechless that he is representing the club in any kind of fixture. Wouldn't start for Enfield Town.
Subs improved things a little.
A shambles of an evening.

Mukendi a total surprise - was not on retained list or released list at end of season so assumed to have been released some time before then.

I assume now on some sort of temporary contract (even weekly) or just allowed to train at Spurs before finding another team.

But ridiculous to play him in a match as that takes up a place which could be used for a promising youngster to gain more experience - eg Jaden Williams or even Jamie Donley.

Not good news that you didn't rate either Ashcroft (played about 4 times for Championship Reading) or triallist Josh Chambers (similar no of games for Gillingham), a recent recruit and a potential recruit.

First team pre-season friendly against K League. Quite a few youngsters highlighted in bold.

Austin and Sayers with Spurs first team debuts, Fagan-Walcott, White and Parrott with more first team experience. Good to see both Skipp and Tanganga involved again. Sarr and Gil also involved

Spurs (3-4-3): Austin (Lloris 46), Romero (Tanganga 46), Dier (c) (Sayers 76), Sanchez (Fagan-Walcott 76), Royal (Son 48), Skipp (Sarr 46), Bentancur (Hojbjerg 46), Sessegnon (Doherty 46), Lucas (White 76), Richarlison (Parrott 76), Bryan (Kane 46).
Substitutes (not used): Keeley, Davies, Perisic, Kulusevski.

Mukendi a total surprise - was not on retained list or released list at end of season so assumed to have been released some time before then.

I assume now on some sort of temporary contract (even weekly) or just allowed to train at Spurs before finding another team.

But ridiculous to play him in a match as that takes up a place which could be used for a promising youngster to gain more experience - eg Jaden Williams or even Jamie Donley.

Not good news that you didn't rate either Ashcroft (played about 4 times for Championship Reading) or triallist Josh Chambers (similar no of games for Gillingham), a recent recruit and a potential recruit.

Donley was in attendance but no sign of Williams so perhaps he's injured but still baffling Mukendi featured.

First team pre-season friendly against K League. Quite a few youngsters highlighted in bold.

Austin and Sayers with Spurs first team debuts, Fagan-Walcott, White and Parrott with more first team experience. Good to see both Skipp and Tanganga involved again. Sarr and Gil also involved

Spurs (3-4-3): Austin (Lloris 46), Romero (Tanganga 46), Dier (c) (Sayers 76), Sanchez (Fagan-Walcott 76), Royal (Son 48), Skipp (Sarr 46), Bentancur (Hojbjerg 46), Sessegnon (Doherty 46), Lucas (White 76), Richarlison (Parrott 76), Bryan (Kane 46).
Substitutes (not used): Keeley, Davies, Perisic, Kulusevski.
Think Parrott, if he scores or assists pre-season, might be kept, with Scarlett going on loan…

He appears to have “the eye of the tiger” in his attitude and demeanour now, plus bossing the physicals will be noted.

Tough one, as a good Championship loan could be the making of him, but, we are in a HG spot (know he doesn’t count, but may be used as the “best we have from youth“ as Scarlett was last season).

If we swapped both our RB‘s for Spence and Walker-Peters (who is adept left also), this could shift the HG situation nicely, but disruptive to continuity. Think Walker-Peters would flourish now under Conte (as Hassenhuttle plays intense and seems to have got Walker-Peters lungs and physicality up to speed).

u21's away at Leyton Orient at 13.00 on Saturday.

Hope the squad excludes 21 year old Mukendi (I really cannot see any advantage to Spurs playing him now - hardly played for last 2 or 3 years part due to injury, and just takes playing opportunities away from other youngsters. Not too enamoured with the concept of playing coaches - happy enough if Rose wants to coach but not play.

Think Parrott, if he scores or assists pre-season, might be kept, with Scarlett going on loan…

He appears to have “the eye of the tiger” in his attitude and demeanour now, plus bossing the physicals will be noted.

Tough one, as a good Championship loan could be the making of him, but, we are in a HG spot (know he doesn’t count, but may be used as the “best we have from youth“ as Scarlett was last season).

If we swapped both our RB‘s for Spence and Walker-Peters (who is adept left also), this could shift the HG situation nicely, but disruptive to continuity. Think Walker-Peters would flourish now under Conte (as Hassenhuttle plays intense and seems to have got Walker-Peters lungs and physicality up to speed).
I read Troy himself would like a loan.
He surely has watched H's progression and at this stage he need games ie proof he can do the business.
Next season..

He surely has watched H's progression and at this stage he need games ie proof he can do the business.
Next season..

Agree, but Conte will do exactly what he wants in the now…

If Gil goes on loan, he only needs to usurp Moura for quite a bit of pitch time (think he could be Kulusevski sub, 5th attacker).

Best he goes no doubt for his development though.

Agree, but Conte will do exactly what he wants in the now…

If Gil goes on loan, he only needs to usurp Moura for quite a bit of pitch time (think he could be Kulusevski sub, 5th attacker).

Best he goes no doubt for his development though.
Today's game could be interesting.

Next season..
Met up with a mate of mine, Brighton ST but originally from Luton. A lot of talk there saying they're trying to get TP on loan. Made it sound like it's likely but we havent seen anything at this end?

Luton missed out narrowly on promotion to PL, bit like MK Dons last season in Div 1. Play quite a tough type of football.

I really can't see TP getting enough game time with our 4 now going for 3 places. Andbeing in CL rather than Europey there's very few low risk matches. League cup that's it.

Today's game could be interesting.

Kids school fate… they need me more than Spurs!

Double Take Idk GIF by Laff

Met up with a mate of mine, Brighton ST but originally from Luton. A lot of talk there saying they're trying to get TP on loan. Made it sound like it's likely but we havent seen anything at this end?

Luton missed out narrowly on promotion to PL, bit like MK Dons last season in Div 1. Play quite a tough type of football.

Would be excellent, to get a team near like Luton, plus trained there and my school mate, Matt Jackson played for them. Was scouted by them as a Goalkeeper at U13 but was never big enough.

I really can't see TP getting enough game time with our 4 now going for 3 places. Andbeing in CL rather than Europey there's very few low risk matches. League cup that's it.

Agree, just commenting on what Conte’s perspective will be = team, best, right now…

Back
Top Bottom