Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Viborg are in the second tier I believe.

I was told it was the top tier, but a bit more research and you are correct its the 2nd best division in Denmark.

I confess to speaking no Danish !

Are you able to read enough Danish to get fans/media comments on Austin whilst he's playing for Viborg so we get an idea on how he's progressing ?

I was told it was the top tier, but a bit more research and you are correct its the 2nd best division in Denmark.

I confess to speaking no Danish !

Are you able to read enough Danish to get fans/media comments on Austin whilst he's playing for Viborg so we get an idea on how he's progressing ?
I'll forward this to The Dane The Dane

This seems like as good a place as any to put this:

s6Xn07l.png

This seems like as good a place as any to put this:

s6Xn07l.png

Is the left hand column the % of the teams minutes that the youngsters have played in ?

If so, whilst the outstanding talents like Jadon Sancho who fall on their feet to play 80% of minutes are certainly interesting, might be more interesting to see the lower half of the table.

Lots of kids who are playing say 20% of minutes might be more interesting to us

Interesting that Aarons is the only 2000 born PL player to be playing that much - but a number in most of the other leagues

Monday 3rd Spurs u23 v Brighton u23 @ Stevenage.

Line up could be interesting, if the likes of Cirkin don't feature, he/they might be on first team bench v Southampton.

Good to see Etete as striker, shame Richards is not in support - White and Patterson in support with Markanday. Cirkin plays as LB. No Binks - open question as to where he is ?

Brighton include a 30 something former Wales international as an over age player in their side

How does Eyoma compare to Tanganga from an athleticism/pace perspective?

Played CB/RB in youth, but not a speedy full back, more of a Corluka RB than a Walker, so less speedy than Tanganga. Played in many of the England youth age groups so technically reasonable as a ball playing CB..

Bigger issue is that Eyoma went on preseason 2018, did very well in preseason looking very assured playing CB, but then spent next year playing no games and training with first team.

Came back this season to play u21's looking a lesser player than before going on preseason 2018. We hope the Lincoln loan may give him a challenge and he resumes his former form - and if so he's a defender who Mourhino could be interested in.

Better to reassess after his loan.

Last edited:
Dizzy should of been released at the end of last season.

Very few players released end of last season - and the entire Academy Year 2 were promoted to Devevelopment Squad (which is why we had about 30 players at the start of the season). A coincidence perhaps that Poch jnr was in the Academy Year 2 and probably in the bottom half (talentwise) of that year group.

I see Malachi Walcott is getting rave reviews. Better than Tanganga according to one person.

HITC is just clickbait - no reliability whatsoever - I avoid it for that reason.

If you read it one 'fan' (or might be brother, friend whoever) says on twitter that he's 'better than Tanganga' and its headline news - the rest of the twitter stuff simply comparing our Walcott with the Everton (former Woolwich) Walcott, typical schoolboy stuff as was the other comment.

Youth ball playing CB's are something Spurs do well and we have a fair selection of talented CB's coming through (and excluding Dinzeyi on trial at QPR) - in age order Eyoma, Lyons-Foster, (Okedina and Statham - with the numbers of CB;s we have these might not make it into next season) Binks (if still here), Walcott, Lusala, Muir - and then into u16's with Watt and Hackett et al.

So whilst Walcott is certainly a very decent cb, and if Binks goes who might be better, close to the top, the whole article is a bit way ott based upon one tweet by one person, who might be a mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom