Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portsmouth right back (mostly), but I think they believe him to be versatile enough to play most defensive positions and DM.

Amos playing LB was partly understandable as we didn't have any other LB's - but I don't think playing LB helped Amos development and may have set him back a year or more, so delighted that his Stevenage loan was a great success for him. Not sure he'll make it at Spurs, and he's already 22, but at least he has a chance.

I don't think he will either, but I'd happily see him get game time ahead of Sissoko as a CM though.

Won't be able to make the U18 game against Swansea the following day as I'll be at Wembley. However, my predicted lineup is as follows: (4-2-3-1) De Bie (c), Tainio, Lyons-Foster, Statham, Cirkin, White, Bowden, Patterson, A.Shashoua, Bennett, Parrott. We beat Swansea 5-2 in this fixture last season.

I get the feeling that the general impression is that Maurizio is in the squad because of who his dad is. But do any of the regular youth watchers think there’s any chance he’ll make an impression? I’d love for him to come through the ranks. Just on a romantic level.

I get the feeling that the general impression is that Maurizio is in the squad because of who his dad is. But do any of the regular youth watchers think there’s any chance he’ll make an impression? I’d love for him to come through the ranks. Just on a romantic level.

Always difficult to be sure of which Academy players will make it (and potentially sensitive in this case), but last season Maurizio made 2 starts and 8 appearances from the bench last season for Spurs u18's.

So he's going to need to appear a lot more in the 2nd year of his Academy scholarship (ie this season) to make 'an impression'

We’ve had an absolute mare.

Down to 10 men. Two minutes in.

Alfie Whiteman has had a horror show but Tanganga has been sent off for handball on the line.

Edit: Liverpool miss the penalty

Fucking hell, Parrott is playing!?

He's only 16 isn't he!?
Looking pretty good too, having to hold the ball up a lot to let others get forward due to us only having 10 men but showing some guile.

On a side note, I didn't know ex-Everton/Sunderland midfielder Paul Bracewell was an U23 coach for us

Think Harrison is playing in a number 10 role, which will be of interest to a few on here.

Not really been in the game yet though. He’s having to drop back into a central midfield position since going down a man.

Paris Magohma is having a decent game - 3rd time lucky?

Last edited:
For those who have perhaps seen them all, who had most potential or had most ability out of the three Maghomas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom