Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters

karma bitches - for this and the EPL final

Thanks for posting that. Particularly the link to the Sky Sports post match review when Souness & all the other pundits strongly agreed that Jota should have been given red for the studs up boot to Skipp’s head.

They whinge and say oh he got the ball etc. High over the ball studs showing clearest red youll ever see.
They are now condoning ankle breakers. I literally cant understand how neutrals cant see how clear a red it is. Its fucking disgusting

My feeling is that more needs to be done to stop challenges like that. As I said earlier in the thread, we've had two against our players in less than a week and it's only a matter of time before a player gets a serious long-term injury. Not a word about that in the media.

And I'm not saying this as a Spurs fan. I'm saying this as someone with three metal plates in his right ankle.

I swear I heard Sky Sports News just describe VAR as being in "crisis" after last night.

The absolute despair the media have when Liverpool are on the receiving end for once is outrageous

They are by far the best team we've played and we beat them .

True but I thought we started the game a bit in awe of them. I don’t think big Ange will be happy about how we played against them at the start. He’ll want us to be more confident. But to win that game on the back of the draw against the scum is brilliant. We’d all have been happy with 4 points from these two games. Now we need to beat Luton to kick us on further.

I caveat that paragraph though with also saying some of our one touch football to get the ball out from the back yesterday was world class.

They love to make stuff up:

View: https://x.com/CF_Compss/status/1708227762819871119?s=20

This IS a red card for the elbow in the face. They seem to think because Porro is looking at the player that's an offence.

View: https://x.com/CF_Compss/status/1708227771355267357?s=20

They think the above isn't a yellow card. If you watch this from the side, it looks very harsh indeed because there is minimal contact and that contact is not initiated by the player lunging etc. But this angle (there is another one I've seen which is more head-on than this but I can't find it) shows Jota's run, he changes the direction of his run behind Udogie, the ONLY reason you would do this is to make contact with the player, there doesn't need to be much contact, just a nick that will knock the players' legs together and cause a trip. I have to say it's a great foul and one that I would be very pleased to execute.

View: https://x.com/CF_Compss/status/1708227773527920812?s=20

This IS a foul.

VAR fuck up.

But their equalizer was also a fuck up as it wasn't a foul by Udogie - he won the ball cleanly.

He remonstrated with the ref. Under new rules thats a yellow

We were awful???

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce
Compared to the last few games, yeh. We were much much better last week against Woolwich. I know people are thinking about last season or more historically in this fixture. But I'm judging us at a higher standard this season

Breaking: The PGMOL have issued another apology to LiVARpool...

" The PGMOL would like to extend a further apology to LiVARpool for the officiating performance against Tottenham Hotspur.
As has been noted across Social Media, LiVARpool have benefitted from our stringent policy of 'favouring the side in Red' since VAR was introduced. Unfortunately, due to an oversight on our part, this policy was not reinforced to our referees at the beginning of the 2023/2024 season, resulting in the officials actually calling the game as fairly as their limited talents allowed.

The PGMOL can only apologise profusely to LiVARpool for this oversight and promise to redress this imbalance for the remainder of the season.

Further to the above, the PGMOL can only apologise further that we are unable to load a game in your favour any more than we have already."

Back
Top Bottom