Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
Was that result a bit harsh on Liverpool? Probably yes. Do I give a fuck!? Nope. The amount of rotten luck we have had against this mob down the years doesn’t even come close to that. I for one am delighted with the Ange revolution

We absolutely fucking destroyed them. Even at 11 v 11, all they had was counter attacks.
That is not at all what I saw. We were struggling to play our game from the start because of their press, and it was only after the sending off that we started actually playing the style we've had this season but even then we were constantly exposed on the counter and very lucky with the disallowed goal. And the fact that we couldn't break their 9 man defence for so long was alarming honestly.

I mean everyone is allowed their own interpretation of a match, but I'm very surprised you guys thought we played well. I though we looked so much worse than any previous game this season.

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan
You may think it is boring but it’s kind of true.

Just got done watching it and not sure what to think really. Massive relief I guess is the main feeling. We were awful, by far our worst performance yet, and we got very lucky. Then again it's cesspool and I love seeing them winge and cry, so whatever I'll take a jammy win against them any day. But Ange really needs to think a lot about this performance. Our possession play and pressing looked very average here and a lot of our players were a little exposed for their individual ability.

We still need to do a lot of work in the transfer market to get the quality we need in this squad. And Ange still needs to do a lot more work on the training ground with some of these players. For now just take the 3 points and learn from the experience.

Possibly the dumbest and most inaccurate take of any of our matches by any poster on here…ever.

Troll level 1 million

so basically one VAR decision was wrong which has also happened against us before and the other calls where correct and it’s a grand conspiracy to stop Liverpool.

Fuck off, whenever we get bad calls basically it’s shut up it will work itself out over the season.

You got a disagree from maber

Joined 2017 and posted 22 times!

Wow 😮

Was following updates on my phone at work until the 95th min, saw it looked like the game was fizzling to a draw, we brought on Davies and Skipp which is pretty defensive minded, I thought Ange was happy with the point, didn't bother to see if we had scored in the last min as seemed so unlikely.
Checked back 3 hours later and over the moon, last minute OG. Does sound like we were very fortunate with poor refereeing but we have no control over that, end of the day we have plenty of shit decisions go against us, you could argue Nketiah staying on last week helped Woolwich to a point against us and but for that we'd be top of the league now. Not to mention Romero's handball was identical to the one waved off vs United, so you can also argue 1 of their goals was dubious at best. As well you can go back to last year, Jota tries to take Skipp's head off, scores the equaliser late in the game. I'm sure we will be on the receiving end of a couple of bullshit games now anyhow, definitely feels like whenever 1 team gets the rub for a while and it gets pointed out, that team is then given no favours off the refs for a few games. Feels like reffing has become very political and reactive tbh.

This.

we are in this place by accident. Conte throwing a wobbly and getting fucking off. managers turning us down. Harry going. Not getting Ropry League
and yet are the stars aligning for us. Little chance, but still a chance. I’m a believer in luck and I think maybe, just maybe
And thinking maybe what?

That you might get laid? That I shouldn't start a sentence with a conjunction.?

7 games in mate. We will get beat and we will reflect and adapt. It's pretty fun so far though isn't it?

But he hasn’t said that he doesn’t have posters of Klopp anymore! 🤷‍♂️

Should I be worried? 🤔

A bit disappointed TBH it was Matip and not VDV. A Virgil OG would've been an even bigger kick in Kloops shrivelled gonads!!! Still, The look on Klopps face was fooking priceless. Pure unadulterated anguish and despair!!!! That's what pain feels like twat face

We are a different BEAST these days under Big Ange. Massive massive result and we deserved that slice of luck. Get in!!
World Cup Winner GIF by HackerNoon

That is not at all what I saw. We were struggling to play our game from the start because of their press, and it was only after the sending off that we started actually playing the style we've had this season but even then we were constantly exposed on the counter and very lucky with the disallowed goal. And the fact that we couldn't break their 9 man defence for so long was alarming honestly.

I mean everyone is allowed their own interpretation of a match, but I'm very surprised you guys thought we played well. I though we looked so much worse than any previous game this season.
Also toughest team we played this season. Also their coach there what 7- 8 years. Ange has us for 7 games

Back
Top Bottom