Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
To be fair, in real time it was a difficult decision to make. The Saints player really sold it if I recall and it seemed like there was actually quite a bit of contact.

I blame that one a lot more on the VAR official for not having the ref go take another look at it.
it was also poor play by Sarr not to get rid first time. Letting the ball bounce in the area is always an absolute no-no. If Kane had got the pen for us like that we'd be applauding his nous and it would be "nailed-on".

Sarr's just a kid still, he'll learn. Pretty decent game away in a NLD where Goons very much the favourite.

I'd like Ange to plant a seed about the referee in his press conference.
Mention that he doesn't feel there's any consistency and it feels like some teams get more help than others.

He was equally good or bad for both teams, my biggest complaint was his use of the card system to control discipline within the game, rather than his own ability to impose himself on player behaviour.
Plus he booked Biss for dissent while ignoring the Goon who smacked (Sarr or Udogie?) One of our players in the face like a rugby hand off. Biss however was ill advised screaming in his face.
Incompetent wanker

Mention that he doesn't feel there's any consistency and it feels like some teams get more help than others.
He won’t

Not his style

Heard him say these things even out over the season. Not in the PL, mate

Useless, cheating cunts

Booked the bus due to train issues..

Now remembered that I said "never again" after the last time, what with the 'amazing magical mystery tour' route the driver took getting home...

:ange-hands-head:

get your gear on, lets see you do it

Any chance you can stop posting today coz you’re starting to get on my massive tits.

Stupid comment. Ref made some awful decisions and rightly is being criticised.

If we go down your route, then no player / ref / scout / manager can ever be even remotely criticised here again because ‘get your gear on, let’s see you do it’.

Chuck your mobile/laptop out the window and go do something useful. Like fetching me a cup of tea.

Last edited:
get your gear on, lets see you do it
He is not a professional though is he? Any other professional who was as incompetent at their jobs as some of the Premier league refs are would be sacked!
So its either they are shit at their jobs or its something more sinister and after hearing some of the comments Mike Dean made recently I think they are all corrupt as fuck!

Maybe as a new manager in the league he’s better off keeping his head down with these officials but I fully get where you are coming from.

Klopp would be and probably will be doing everything he can to pressure the officials.

It would be a great idea to remind officials that last time we played, Skipp ended up with stitches in his head and the Liverpool player got away with it.

Or that Robertson and Fabinho used to target Kane’s ankles when he used to have injury issues with them.

But not sure Ange is the one to do that this early on in his prem career.

Maybe as a new manager in the league he’s better off keeping his head down with these officials but I fully get where you are coming from.

Klopp would be and probably will be doing everything he can to pressure the officials.

It would be a great idea to remind officials that last time we played, Skipp ended up with stitches in his head and the Liverpool player got away with it.

Or that Robertson and Fabinho used to target Kane’s ankles when he used to have injury issues with them.

But not sure Ange is the one to do that this early on in his prem career.
It'll just carry on then.
Awareness of bad refereeing needs to be increased.
I think it's also about time there was a fan panel that is involved with the referees. Where they can air concerns about how rules are spoiling the game for us, the main steakholders in the sport.

Having Madders fit is pivotal to us. He seems as though he’s overly bothered about his injury which is great news for us. Only change will likely see Solomon start ahead of Johnson. I’d be happy with either starting to be honest as if TTA starts then Johnson’s pace will hurt him but Solomon being more tricky and loves twisting and turning that is sometimes harder to deal with when returning from injured.

The belief in the lads that they belong at the elite level would have grown after the Woolwich game. They won’t be overawed. In much of the media recently and from the players mouths themselves they used the word ‘brave’ often and I thought perhaps that it was the messaging to the players at the moment.

Maddison said after the game: ‘I was really proud of how courageous the lads were and how brave we were. There were a couple of occasions in the first half, myself included, where we gave the ball away.

‘I gave the ball away edge of the box, they nearly scored and it is so easy to sink and not carry on playing the way the manager wants us to play, but that’s what bravery is.

‘It is having big balls to take the ball under pressure. I gave it away but the manager makes me feel so good that I can get it again and if I give it away, it’s OK because that’s how he wants us to play.’

There’s another opportunity to be brave and galvanise that growing belief against Liverpool, at home, before a resuscitated and thrilled fan base. 2–1 Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom