Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
He’s stoking the fires hoping to get the PL to replay the fixture. If the PL said we had to then we’d have to. We’d have no choice. This is all going the way I dreaded. It’s THFC, it is exactly the kind of thing that happens to us. It’s the proper definition of Spursy and everyone gets to laugh at us yet again.

It is also irresponsible of klopp but so was that last paragraph of the liverpool statement which said as much without saying it. Even carragher on MNF said that’s what he thought they meant by it.

Good Lord calm down a replay is never happening.

PL aren't about to set a bad precedent for 1 club ffs, imagine the next time VAR gets a decision wrong, it will give the club who was wronged a get out to appeal it, it would get extremely messy.

Chill out man

Good Lord calm down a replay is never happening.

PL aren't about to set a bad precedent for 1 club ffs, imagine the next time VAR gets a decision wrong, it will give the club who was wronged a get out to appeal it, it would get extremely messy.

Chill out man

Exactly.

Klopp isn't God and people aren't going to do something just because he says it. All he's doing is stoking the fire, keeping that 'victim mentality' in their fans and his squad so they come out all guns blazing in their next games.

More chance of me fucking J-Lo in the ass with my nose than this match being replayed.

Christ alive.

Sorry but I have to disagree with a lot of that. Do you think they deliberately recruit 'shit refs' or 'useless cunts' as you call them? No of course not, they are considered to be the best at what they do. They are human beings, they make mistakes, same as all of us. But if we hound out of the game all those refs we have, if we sack anyone who makes a mistake, and hence send a message to potential future refs that if you make a mistake you'll be in big trouble, then the best refs we have now, and the best future potential refs, will all quit and we'll be left with even worse refs.

I know we all want the standard of refereeing to be better - but if you think about outcomes, sacking or scaring away all of the best refs will simply mean them being replaced by new ones who are less capable and make even more mistakes. Instead we (well, the refs association etc) needs to support them, try to understand what causes most mistakes, and train on those areas, improve processes etc. Calling refs 'shit refs' and 'useless cunts' can only possibly make the situation worse.

EDIT: Saturday is a great example of where a better PROCESS could have avoided the problem. For example, if at the outset of the VAR process someone has the job to state clearly what the ref's call was, that would have probably been enough to stop that mistake from happening.
They ARE shit and they ARE getting worse.
Even WITH help from frame by frame replays. they're STILL getting worse.

Absolutely undeniable facts, not opinion.

And allowing them to be completely and utterly immune from criticism is the worst way to affect a positive change.
Being the best of a bad bunch is not in any way shape or form a positive.
I'm by far and away the best footballer in my house. I's between me, my 7 year old daughter, and my very unfit wife who has never kicked a ball in her life.
That doesn't make me good at football, and if I was pushed into a game with actual good players, it doesn't give me the right to tell everyone they can't call me shit when I clearly am shit.

Headline news on the BBC Sport page now too...

Clown.

Why is it the 'right thing' either?

Right is maybe accepting mistakes can be made, we try to learn from them and then move on.

They really are the Veruca Salt of football.

Give It To Me Want GIF

He’s stoking the fires hoping to get the PL to replay the fixture. If the PL said we had to then we’d have to. We’d have no choice. This is all going the way I dreaded. It’s THFC, it is exactly the kind of thing that happens to us. It’s the proper definition of Spursy and everyone gets to laugh at us yet again.

It is also irresponsible of klopp but so was that last paragraph of the liverpool statement which said as much without saying it. Even carragher on MNF said that’s what he thought they meant by it.
I'd rather say no thanks, we'll just take a 0-3 in order to protect our players from another match.

That would do a lot for his so-called sporting integrity.

Exactly.

Klopp isn't God and people aren't going to do something just because he says it. All he's doing is stoking the fire, keeping that 'victim mentality' in their fans and his squad so they come out all guns blazing in their next games.

More chance of me fucking J-Lo in the ass with my nose than this match being replayed.

Christ alive.

They are incredibly shameless

They ARE shit and they ARE getting worse.
Even WITH help from frame by frame replays. they're STILL getting worse.

Absolutely undeniable facts, not opinion.

And allowing them to be completely and utterly immune from criticism is the worst way to affect a positive change.
Being the best of a bad bunch is not in any way shape or form a positive.
I'm by far and away the best footballer in my house. I's between me, my 7 year old daughter, and my very unfit wife who has never kicked a ball in her life.
That doesn't make me good at football, and if I was pushed into a game with actual good players, it doesn't give me the right to tell everyone they can't call me shit when I clearly am shit.
Right, so what do you propose to do about it?

As I say, if we all just say the ones we have are shit, getting worse, etc, then all that will happen eventually is they quit and go to a profession with less pressure, and presumably get replaced by the next tier down of 'refereeing quality'. Then what? What are you proposing exactly to improve the situation? (As everything you've said so far can only possibly make it worse, with the best refs we have - error-prone as they may be - quitting or being sacked).

Last edited:
They would if they could, and it wouldn't surprise me if they did, but you can't appeal two yellows.

Only a straight red can be appealed.
It's another example of the rules being ridiculous. Same as having VAR that can't intervene after IT made a mistake and the game kicked off.

Back
Top Bottom