Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
This victim bullshit is cringey af. I have a friend who is a Liverpool fan and I don't know how long I need to wait to talk to him again as he will be neck deep in the whinefest that is this conspiracy debate.

I tried to listen to BBC Football Daily and they had an ex Liverpool women's player on and she outright said every decision was wrong and all 5 of Liverpool's red cards this year we're wrong. No hint of irony.

They're seriously asking for the match to be replayed. They are truly pathetic :ange-facepalm2:

It was more than an incorrect call. They correctly saw it was onside and then somehow thought the initial decision was onside.

That's a terrible error/awful communication which Liverpool are right to highlight and I'd expect our club to do the same - it is amateur hour, should never happen.
Meh...

They can bitch and complain for another apology if they want .
What else do you expect to happe , give them 3 points? Some money? Fair play trophy? Free tickets to Taylor swift?

It's over, they lost, they will have to move on

The only thing funnier than the o.g would've been if Richie had scored the winner... but hey ho, I'll take what I can get, yeah I'll take what I can get... YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET!

BTW, been meaning to ask... what's YLTSI?

Wow, we really HAVE hit the woodwork a LOT against them... but for a lick of paint, eh?

I LOVE the Smurfs! Favourite Spurs photo ever was the 1984 Uefa Cup final, with Ossie holding a Smurf!
ossie-ardiles-celebrates-with-a-toy-smurf-after-spurs-win-in-the-uefa-GAMC3H.jpg

Of course there is....
Where was OUR National day of mourning after the Mendes GOAL was disallowed at OT....?
Oh that's right, there wasn't one, just the general sound of laughter and boo hoos in our direction!

It's moments like THIS that make you realise who the media REALLY support... It isn't Man City, it probably isn't even Chelsea or Woolwich... it's the likes of Man Utd & Liverpool...
They always have half of TS are manure fans.

I think Neville’s commentary on the red card tackle may have something to do with persuading neutrals. But the reason he gave for defending the tackle is outdated. He said something about being an former player he knew how a professional could deliberately trying to hurt someone while making it look as though they were going for the ball, BUT THAT WAS IN HIS DAY BEFORE VAR and replays. His perspective on what players could get away with is no longer relevant . All current footballers knows that if they go studs up, over the ball and onto an ankle you will likely be sent off whether you deliberately intended it or not.
Since when do refs look at whether they player intened to hurt a player? That is BS! If a tackle is late player gets yellow or red, no questions. The ref doesn’t think if his intened or deliberately tried to hurt the player. Hdf would a ref being to work that out. The decision should be purely based on the act actual and abd if it is dangerous and likely to endanger a player regardless of deliberateness.

It wasn't a "jammy" win, as we dominated and created more/better chances (double X/G) as you would expect with a numerical man advantage.

But I also felt like this was one of our poorer performances (despite being one of our most enjoyable wins) in terms of what we did with that ball domination.

A lot of that is down to the limitations of our forward group, none of whom create much/enough in the way of quality chances. Richarlison offers so little in an intelligent creative/productive sense. Kulusevski was very disappointing, creating very little, constantly spurning good chances to cross (with us loading the box later stages) and when he did cross they were shit. Soloman was much more involved than Richarlison had been out wide but also yielded very little of quality final product. Taking Maddison off was really odd as he was the only one looking likely to make an incisive pass.

Our pressing can also be too easy to play through in advance areas, again, largely due to that front group, none of whom are intelligent pressers. Luckily our cm+fb+cb are very good at pressing.
I said to my mate who was sitting next to me yesterday that we should swap Solomon and Kulu over - instead of cutting back into traffic like they do as inverted wingers, they could've hit their crosses earlier into that space between centre halves and goalkeeper - making the defenders face their own goal and our players running towards goal to try and score.

And then up popped Porro and did exactly that. I hope Ange is reading this.

I also thought we missed Perisic as an option.

My feeling is that more needs to be done to stop challenges like that. As I said earlier in the thread, we've had two against our players in less than a week and it's only a matter of time before a player gets a serious long-term injury. Not a word about that in the media.

And I'm not saying this as a Spurs fan. I'm saying this as someone with three metal plates in his right ankle.
Why don’t they use AI tech to collate all fouls for reds abd yellow group / categorise them then use that to make the decision? That way there would be consistency as they would have reference point of previous instances and what action was taken. Also where in a past in is ent didn’t get the correct decision amend that in the analysis. AI would speed up the decision process. VAR could quickly check what was dished out before and advise the ref if it should be a red or yellow. If they are gonna use technology might as well start using modern methodologies and technics. How often do you hear everyone say consistency is what they want. Well no better way than dishing out punishment based on previous incident. If a ref sends off a player and similar incident happens again then take sane action.

I said to my mate who was sitting next to me yesterday that we should swap Solomon and Kulu over - instead of cutting back into traffic like they do as inverted wingers, they could've hit their crosses earlier into that space between centre halves and goalkeeper - making the defenders face their own goal and our players running towards goal to try and score.

And then up popped Porro and did exactly that. I hope Ange is reading this.

I also thought we missed Perisic as an option.
Said the same and was torn down by some

This victim bullshit is cringey af. I have a friend who is a Liverpool fan and I don't know how long I need to wait to talk to him again as he will be neck deep in the whinefest that is this conspiracy debate.
I’m in work at 9am tomorrow and am giving every dickhead dipper both barrels for *hours*.

Will likely see me through the entire week.

I had a look at the chelsea forum and surprisingly they’re backing us up with the VAR situation. Every team has been fucked over by it, but when it’s United or Liverpool it’s always blown up so much more.

A quote from one of them here:

As usual, there is uproar when refs make a mistake against Liverpool or United. Never see this kind of reaction when it's anybody else in the league, maybe Woolwich now and again, but never as much as the reaction we see when it goes against Liverpool or United.

Fucking hell I'm agreeing with a Chav, forget a shower, I need a full decontamination.

Q: Has VAR offside rule changed this yr?

In the past they PGMOL never take the first foot/knee with respect to the drawn line.
Instead they look for parts of the leaning torso, chest ,shoulder & drawn another 2 vertical lines....

THey never use the simple method. If you lo0k at the above - vertical lines - Luis could be offside. 50-50 WHy the huge incessant apology when it is 50-50?
<<image>>

Noticed the bad refs are also quite incompetent on the VARs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom