Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When you look back at it we lost to the champions away where they havent been beaten in 3 years. By a deflection and last minute winner. Where we had the best clear cut chances. Do we go full press leave us open us at the back which liverpool would destroy us which horseteeth would love. Beat leicester and weve had a real good 3 weeks. I dont remember any club having so many games against top teams ever. COYS

First half we were poor and scored , second half think we were the better team and should have scored a couple , this is football I guess and it’s all about how we react Sunday !

It was annoying that we couldn't keep possession when we had it, our passing was poor. I still think we're going in the right direction though.

This was the first league match this season that felt like two actual top teams playing each other.

I know Mourinho is playing it down but when you see his tone of voice and body language it’s clear he thinks we can win the title. Just a few small improvements and we have a chance of doing it.

It was such an annoying way to lose but we showed that we are a serious team. If we beat Leicester then we are right back in there.

First half we were poor and scored , second half think we were the better team and should have scored a couple , this is football I guess and it’s all about how we react Sunday !
That’s a good point.
People don’t like sitting back, but it’s proves time and again to produce goals. Even from 22% possession.

They get all hard when we go for it, but then cry “SHIT TACTICS” when we miss our chances and concede.

That’s a good point.
People don’t like sitting back, but it’s proves time and again to produce goals. Even from 22% possession.

They get all hard when we go for it, but then cry “SHIT TACTICS” when we miss our chances and concede.

Chelsea played the most disgusting football I've ever seen but it won them the Champions League.. Do their fans care? No they don't, they can sing "Champions of Europe, you'll never sing that" the record books shows they won the CL.
We now have a manager with that winning mentality and the right nous to win a much needed trophy and fans moan..
I'll take a couple of seasons of more structured football over fancy flicky football if it means us winning. I've seen the prettiest football imaginable but it din't end with a trophy. Now is the time to have a plan B and a plan C, not just a plan A.

I hate not being able to go to games as I find myself watching the match thread on here and do a hell of a lot of head shaking.

Last edited:
This was the first league match this season that felt like two actual top teams playing each other.

I know Mourinho is playing it down but when you see his tone of voice and body language it’s clear he thinks we can win the title. Just a few small improvements and we have a chance of doing it.

It was such an annoying way to lose but we showed that we are a serious team. If we beat Leicester then we are right back in there.
Liverpool v City felt like two top teams playing each other, this game felt like Liverpool vs a relegation team who'd signed son on loan

That’s a good point.

I don’t think we will ever win at Anfield , ever, it seems to be cursed for us, hopefully there bad away form continues and they will drop more points this weekend away to palace, the only thing that worries me as they didn’t even make 1 sub and they weren’t tired! How is that possible ? Son and Kane looked Fucked but you got Henderson running around fresh as anything

Bergwijn is young and has time to improve. Him and Kane were not clinical enough tonight, but were pretty darn good otherwise. This is just another part of the challenge in stepping up to the highest level. We know he can do it athletically, defensively, and offensively, but can he develop more consistency and come up in key moments? I personally think so. People shouldn't be saying things like "Bergwijn isn't the answer"- it just totally ignores his potential and likelihood for improvement.

He's still first choice attack partner for Kane and Son for me right now. I just don't think Bale, Lucas or Lamela would offer as much in the most intense games. Bale maybe, but I'm not sure he can go the full 90', and we already have one such player in our starting XI- hard to be able to afford 2 of those. Thought he had a good game just is going through a dry spell and wasn't able to take his chances. I really hope he gets his head down and works hard to get back into goal-scoring/assisting form.

Great post. Sums up where Stevie B is at. I can remember how many people wanted Son gone at a younger age.

We didn’t deserve to win at all and I haven’t claimed we did.
I simply said we put up a good show, played well and the team doesn’t deserve abuse and vitriol.

Maybe you disagree, but that’s not my problem.

Have you found the stats for all the other teams and times of goals conceded and how many are from set prices in the last ten minutes yet?

Still adapting to JM's style, i'm sure our ball retention will improve as the season goes on. Best team lost is a bit of an exaggeration by JM but its true we did have the best chances.

I don’t think we will ever win at Anfield , ever, it seems to be cursed for us, hopefully there bad away form continues and they will drop more points this weekend away to palace, the only thing that worries me as they didn’t even make 1 sub and they weren’t tired! How is that possible ? Son and Kane looked Fucked but you got Henderson running around fresh as anything
We'll find out at the weekend how fresh they really are. Palace should give them a game.

We've had a pretty intense run of late, played Thursdays, and we've still got Leicester and Wolves. A loss at Anfield against the champions - who played some excellent, intense football - was disappointing, given two clear cut chances in the 2nd half, but it's just a blip in the race. I'm still far more gutted that we were robbed of 3 vital points against Newcastle. That was a proper theft.

I really believe we can rip through Leicester and take Wolves now. We defended with real tenacity yesterday. Aurier looked like a man possessed against Mane. Keep that up this season and we'll secure top 4 and battle for the title.

Back
Top Bottom