Spurs official social media team

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

is this sarcasm:

B1H1HMpCUAIDcoT.jpg

They aren't even pretending that this isn't the club for the real fans any more.

When we got relegated in 77, we still packed them in, if that happened today we would be playing in front of 15k. That is our core fan base now.

id fucking prefer it, hate the general fucking expectations from spurs fans, would love to go to the lane, see 11 not brilliant english players that atleast fucking cared and gave you their all, even if the football was shit i'd enjoy it and it would be a laugh and it would be great to be amongst loyal fans who love the club, not a bunch of moany cunts who are here to seem 'hip and fashionable' with their 5 kids decked out in merchandise gear, fucking sick of this club

I think the not selling out thing could be seen as the way the club have treated long term fans coming back to bite them.

Like the whole loyalty point cull thing, yeah it means that fans that have been going regularly for a couple of years get a chance to get tickets but it also pissed off a lot of fans that have been going for years.

Now that the 'Bale factor' etc has disappeared and we're looking a bit more like 90's Tottenham a lot of these newer fans aren't interested and the club have alienated a lot of that traditional core support.

I follow a few teams on twitter and our feed has to be the most boring of the lot. Lamela scored his rabona goal the other night and it said "Goal: Lamela with a neat finish"

If Stenhousemuir FC had done that, my feed would read "FUCKING RIDICULOUS FROM LAMELA, ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? "

It's not a huge talking point, but it actually looks like the guys behind it support stenny. It looks like we have a generic newsreader.

They aren't even pretending that this isn't the club for the real fans any more.

When we got relegated in 77, we still packed them in, if that happened today we would be playing in front of 15k. That is our core fan base now.

The only people that will be aggrieved are the people that used to go loads, and now just pick and choose games. If you have a season ticket, or are a member that goes to most games, theres absolutely no reason it would be a problem.
But with increasingly expensive tickets people have no choice but to pick and choose games they go to..

Has anyone else noticed that the @SpursOfficial twitter feed has been suspiciously silent today.

For some reason, I have been expecting a 'Club Statement' announcement stating something along the lines of:

'Mauricio Pochettino has agreed to leave THFC by mutual consent, ???????????????? will now take charge of the first team coaching, until a new Head Coach is appointed. The club would like to wish Mauricio well for the future and we are very grateful for the work he has done with the first team, during his tenure.'

I am sure the template is saved somewhere and ready to be used at a moments notice.
Todays one of those days where anything they say would result in a thousand tweets back containing the word "cunt"

Tell you what the problem is, it's two fold. Players wages and all seating. That equates to higher prices as you can't pack in as many to pay the players. Whilst most ordinary staff at those clubs are paid minimum wage.

Football is no longer affordable for the loyal fans that used to go week in week out. When I started going it was £1 to stand rising to about £1.50 no Cat A, B, C bollocks. One season I went every home and away game ( travel either by SSC, BR FS or private Van ) and I was doing a weekly paper round of about £5pw plus my pocket readies. Now you have to fork out £57 just for the privilege of being able to obtain a place on the mythical waiting list and maybe getting a ticket for the games others don't want to go.
We may have 60,000 members but they all cannot afford season tickets.
Let's work this out. How much would it cost someone, who hasn't a ST to go to every home game on the cheapest ticket: £734 + the £57 membership = £791, plus expenses say £30 a game food, drink, travel, programme x19 £570. So that's £1,361 for 19 EPL games. It's a lot of money for younger people to find who are just starting out on minimum wage. Someone on the average wage after tax only takes home £300 odd a week. Single, at home, just your bollocks to look after, maybe. But Kid and bills, that's a big chunk.
So, in 1977(excluding expenses) it cost just 0.79% of the annual average wage to attend 19 league home games and in 2014 it has risen to 3.04% of the annual average wage (excluding expenses).
If you go on the cheapest 77 prices, the equivalent today would be about £10 to watch football. About what it costs to watch Dortmund each week.

There is going to be a meltdown in this league we call 'the best in the world' as it's not viable.

When you look at that video above we had just lost 1-0 at home to Man Shitty, again in the dying minutes, but nobody was pissed off that much. They hadn't just done their bollocks.

To be honest, whoever OK'd TAKE THAT to provide the music to the pre-match Bill Nick tribute montage wants fucking sacking IMMEDIATELY!

seriously, was there really no music of note in the '60s??

Disagree if we got relegated we would still sell out. Spurs fans are loyal. We can be miserable moaney cunts but we are essentially loyal

I've posted elsewhere that the empty seats at all matches should be a worry. Check out Touthub before a match too: there can be more than 500 on offer, with prices being slashed. The fan base is so fed up right now. It's worse than the 90s. We had reasons why we were shite then. Now we've had resources, we're pouring money into the club, the club's income has rocketed into the stratosphere, and we're still the laughing stock of the premier league and a complete and utter shambles. Bad decisions continue to be made at the top by people who don't understand the British game, don't understand football, and keep fucking up our club.

https://www.thstofficial.com/uploads/2/2/4/9/22491060/lp_summary_2012-2014.pdf

Last season Arse, Fulham and Norwich were ST only. Season before that it was Arse, Fulham, Southampton. This season I expect Chelsea, Leicester, and maybe Burnley too. A lot of the easier-to-get-to European aways go to ST only, as well as any domestic cup aways we get at smaller grounds. So LPs for ST holders are definitely still useful.

Can't see Burnley being ST holders. Its fucking miles away and they give you about 4,000 tickets I think.

Back
Top Bottom