Spurs catering

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

spooky

The Fighting Cock
Queuing for beers, slow service...should we not expect anything more? Its a football stadium not a food outlet...or is it in desperete need for an overhaul? Anyone even arsed about eating/drinking inside the ground or do you make sure you get pissed up outside and eat a cheeky kebab so that half time is spent only queing for the bogs?

A mate of mine collects everyones (well, whoever is in his stand) money before the game, he leaves early to get the beers in, by the time it's half-time, he's there in the foyer with our beers.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiu_IX14wLI[/youtube]

we need this at the stadium!

Goddam yanks getting it right (for once). :rolleyes:

sit down kebab at shiraz before on the walk from seven sisters then beers in b&h and then rock paper scissors at 42mins for who misses 3(+inj time) to get beers at half time.... tried and tested, midweek games however fuck this up and the food is terrible in the stadium and its hard to get enough drinks to get suitably sauced

I sit in the South Upper. If you want to get a beer at half time you have to leave on 42 mins where there is a big queue already. Over the years I've missed goals from Mido, Keane and Berbatov all in the pursuit of an overpriced Carlsberg. The catering at Spurs is very poor. I've been to many away fixtures over the years and we are definitely one of the worst offenders in the country.

Even Reading have people mingling about with beer packs strapped to them to sell punters drinks. What I don't get is that the club only has 15 minutes at half time to lubricate many customers, so why are they so slow? Surely you can poor a load of beers out just before half time, there's not that much risk attached.

They have re done the food and drink bit lower shelf side. Still terrible food options, but they have changed the cider from a unknown brand too Magners which was top notch, pear aswel!

I get down a few mins before half time. Missed many a goal, but sometimes it's my lucky charm.

Why do people leave early to get a beer? are you all such desperate alcoholics you can't go 2 hours without a drink? I just don't get why you'd miss some of the game for an overpriced warm beer

Thelonious Filth said:
A mate of mine collects everyones (well, whoever is in his stand) money before the game, he leaves early to get the beers in, by the time it's half-time, he's there in the foyer with our beers.

Yeah we do that, the geezer behind tends to bring his missus and as such it is always her duty to do the beer run.

food tastes like arsehole and costs a fortune, and getting beer in there is a waste of my life.

complete overhaul i think, it's shite.

my missus local team is morecambe fc, and they have the best pies in the country (they won a football league award for it), and officially out of the 92 league clubs. believe me when i say they are fucking immense. they basically get the pies made by a local bakery and then obviously heat them up on matchdays. its a really good concept i think, as it means local businesses in the area also are taking a chunk of profit.

i don't see spurs doing anything like that soon. but i think personally the club should tender all the different pitches in the concourses each season, and the local businesses should be allowed in to make their profits on matchdays to help their businesses grow, and the club would make a profit on selling them their 'stalls' (if you get what i mean).

the club go on about helping the area, well there you go, help them.

Has anyone here sampled the bagels in the West Stand? I've yet to do so. Are they any good?

Haven't sat in the West Stand for a couple of seasons now.

Actually I was sampling some of the pasties at the Shamrock game and to be fair...not bad. Never going to worry Gordon Ramsey or KFC for that matter, but not bad.

Maybe the guys behind the bar should show some more enthusiasm. Like the burger man on Paxton Road...

'Look at that! Lovely!'

I remember going to coventry city's old stadium Highfield road wasn't it?

Anyways, they had fucking balti houses in the concourses and it was also carpeted. The curry though was siiiiick

Mr Vexed said:
food tastes like arsehole and costs a fortune, and getting beer in there is a waste of my life.

complete overhaul i think, it's shite.

my missus local team is morecambe fc, and they have the best pies in the country (they won a football league award for it), and officially out of the 92 league clubs. believe me when i say they are fucking immense. they basically get the pies made by a local bakery and then obviously heat them up on matchdays. its a really good concept i think, as it means local businesses in the area also are taking a chunk of profit.

i don't see spurs doing anything like that soon. but i think personally the club should tender all the different pitches in the concourses each season, and the local businesses should be allowed in to make their profits on matchdays to help their businesses grow, and the club would make a profit on selling them their 'stalls' (if you get what i mean).

the club go on about helping the area, well there you go, help them.
That would be kebab or fried chicken in the ground!

Back
Top Bottom