Spurs announced as opponents for 2015 AT&T MLS All-Star Game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All in all. same old Spurs first half. Stupid error leads to a goal etc.
Really they never created many god chances first half and we should have scored at least a couple more.
Pleased with Trippier and we looked much better in the 2nd half. If the lot that started the first half could just move it around as quick and had as much movement as Carrol, Alli, Onomah etc.
Rose and Trippier have to start imo.
The first half was like Deja Vu. I really hope that isn't a sign of what's to come, again
The lack of movement is still worrying from the midfield 3. Especially when Walker and Davies are holding onto the ball forever trying to find a pass. The same lack of anyone going past Eriksen into space was evident.
I can't see us starting the kids but a least they pass and move and don't want it to feet all the time.
Most pleasing: trippier, simmer and the kids.

Well that was pretty disappointing. I love watching Spurs play, but there was only one or two drunk English guys chanting and singing along with me in my section. The game itself was pretty poor aside from Harry banging in our lone goal, stagnant offense moving forward.

I know my fellow Americans are lazy, but being surrounded by 50 or so spurs shirts and nobody joining in to make some noise and opting to just sit and smile awkwardly was underwhelming.

Trust me I didn't see any of this game but they couldn't have been worse than a united side who were put to the sword by a PSG team who looked on the beach, preseason is preseason but United looked totally devoid of ideas and their centre backs still a huge issue

Well I thought our first preseason match thread went okay, but we've still got some tuning up to do:

1. We forgot to designate it as a match thread.
2. The melting was very half hearted.
3. No cunt offs or juju.
4. Way too many Yanks.

Just 9 days to go to whip it into shape!
:pochohshit:

Download links, as promised. Remember to untick the box asking if you want to use the download accelerator.

tZX0MjM.png

First half:
http://hugefiles.net/cjus7xtzjkof

Second half:
http://hugefiles.net/wwtdlxwm8qrz

:adethumbup:

Last edited:
The team is only in this game for brand expansion purposes. Fair enough, but it's not for the benefit of the current team & our preparation for 2015/16 season. That's wrong.

Additionally, at what point is it counter productive to play prestige friendly with such limited players & with limited results.

No matter if we are in this game or the Audi Cup, if it's obvious our product is a bit shit & a bit limited no ones seriously going to support us / buy our polyester products.

We lack significant "box office" even more so allowing for Kane's possible limitations next season, the best teams, including the best Spurs teams had Box Office, how Levy gets away with this I don't know.

These games are always shit, jet lag and general rotation are always a game killer. They beat Bayern Munich last year, don't stress it.

Back
Top Bottom