Spurs among Six Premier League clubs facing huge bills hike as police chief calls on teams to help cover costs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm no particular advocate of the groups highlighted but I would say the difference is that football is a business. The premier league has a revenue of around £5.5billion pounds.

We also all pay money to the football club/media companies and then pay for the policing via our taxes.

Don't think it's unreasonable for football to make a contribution

They do. Football clubs pay shit loads of tax and employ a load of people that pay tax.

Not half the police around now on matchdays on the high road...
Probably something to with the fact there's more cctv between Bruce Grove and the North circular than there is watching Oxford St on a match day..
Our very own fco pc whatacunt told me face to face.
That doesn't include real life plod taking liberties making home videos with camcorders every 20 yards ffs .

Last edited:
maybe if the cops stopped wasting vast amounts of tax payer money on hunting down people who apparently may or may not have have hurt someones feelings online wouldnt be an issue

Why should I have to pay twice for policing the streets? (Levy would recoup the costs via the fans). All I do is get off the train, walk to the eatery, eat, go to the game, then walk back to the station. In fact, I'm boosting London's economy.

How about all the London pubs & clubs paying the police too? - after all, they sell the booze that causes all the aggro at night. And how about car manufacturers paying the police to turn up at accidents? And how about Chief Constable Mark Rowley or whatever his name is, goes and fucks himself and then gets on with the job of sorting out his crap police force?

I disagree with the proposal.

Right, that's it. I'm off to bed.

giphy.gif

I pity the police on the ground, as it sounds like they have an accountant as their boss instead of a real copper!

Thanks for putting that up Nutter, i hadn't heard of the free speech union before and after reading their website i have made a small donation to them, really important in my view that there is a organisation that will stand up and fight for the little guy/girl.

Thanks for putting that up Nutter, i hadn't heard of the free speech union before and after reading their website i have made a small donation to them, really important in my view that there is a organisation that will stand up and fight for the little guy/girl.

Good idea.

Back
Top Bottom