Spurs All Time Eleven

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Going off players I’ve watched live to make it easier… and clearly when they playing at their best.

Hugo
Walker
Toby
Jan
Hughton
Modric
Dembele
Gazza
Bale
Teddy
Kane

Subs:
Lucas
Ginola
Dele
Eriksen
Daws
Ledley

Manager:
Redknapp and Mabbutt
Surprised you have Ledders on the bench, IMO at their best Toby wasn't a patch on him prime for prime. Yeah you'd only get 25 or so league games a season out of Ledley but when he was at his best he was absolutely imperious. Was very sad to see the knee get worse and him lose that edge in his later years but a pleasure to have watched him many times in the flesh, absolute wall of a defender.

Going off players I’ve watched live to make it easier… and clearly when they playing at their best.

Hugo
Walker
Toby
Jan
Hughton
Modric
Dembele
Gazza
Bale
Teddy
Kane

Subs:
Lucas
Ginola
Dele
Eriksen
Daws
Ledley

Manager:
Redknapp and Mabbutt

No Greavsie???

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Jennings
Carr. Gough Toby Knowles
Waddle hoddle gazza bale
Greaves Kane
Subs. Hugo
Ledley
Woodgate (edit)
Modric
Chivers
Ginola

Manager ... Nicholson.

Last edited:
Only including players I've actually watched.

Lloris
Walker
Alderweireld
King
Vertonghen
Eriksen
Modric
Dembele
Bale
Kane
Son
lineup code
[lineup]
Lloris
Walker Alderweireld King Vertonghen
Eriksen Modric Dembele
Bale Kane Son
[/lineup]

Bench:
Robinson, Rose, Parker, Lennon, Dele, Van der Vaart, Defoe

4-4-2

Jennings
Carr…Mackay….England….Knowles
Bale….Hoddle….Blancheflower…..Cliff Jones
Kane…..Greaves

Bench…..Thorsvedt…..Perryman……Roberts……Gazza……Waddle……Chivers…..Klinsman

Manager…..Billy Nick

Unlucky……Lloris…..Toby….Jan…..Gough….Beal…..Mullery….Duncan……Gilzean……White…..Teddy….Ledley….Berbatov……Smith……Norman…..White…..Lineker….Dembele
Jesus, this is impossible.

Last edited:
The disrespect that Son gets in this forum is mindblowing.

Some idiots have VDV and Berbatov ahead of Son?!

:ange-facepalm2:
Berba > Son in terms of ability and uniqueness. I rate Bale and Waddle higher than Son. Clearly for consistency and longevity Son is higher

Lloris
Walker, King, Vertonghen, Hughton
Modric, Hoddle, Blanchflower
Son, Kane, Greaves

Bench of Jennings, Alderweireld, Gascoigne, Dembele, Bale, Ginola, Gilzean

I should preface this that I was born in 1991 so this can only include players post 2000 (and really players before 2004 might be getting overlooked as my memory before that is patchy).

Lloris
Walker
Alderweireld
King
Rose
Carrick
Dembélé
Modric
Bale
Kane
Son
lineup code
[lineup]
Lloris
Walker Alderweireld King Rose
Carrick Dembélé Modric
Bale Kane Son
[/lineup]

Bench: Robinson, Vertonghen, Tripper, Parker, Van der Vaart, Eriksen, Berbatov

Reserve: Dawson (my favourite spurs player), Dele, Lennon, Keane, Defoe, Davies, Dier (their versatility and longevity rounds up the squad well)

No explanation needed: Kane, Bale, Modric, Lloris

Formation: I started with 4-2-3-1 but wasn't happy with RW (I put Bale in the middle) and thought my midfield two could use some DM support so switched to 4-3-3

RB/LB: We were spoilt at RB when we had Walker and Tripper in the squad. Although Tripper had a poor season before he left us, I think he is underrated and I considered him for both RB and LB. But in the end, Walker and Rose both edged it.

CB: As hard as it is to break the Alderweireld - Vertonghen partnership, King has to be in this team. There's not too much between the two of them but I feel that Alderweireld would pair up with King better

Midfield: Carrick vs Parker was difficult. Parker had more bite as a more traditional DM while Carrick was a very creative DM. While a more traditional DM might suit the other two better, with 3 in the middle and how highly I rate Carrick I picked him. The only reason that Dembélé isn't in the "No explanation needed" was 1) I originally had 2 CMs 2) Carrick

Son: Yes Son was very poor last season but there's no doubt that he gets ahead of the others in my team

Berba > Son in terms of ability and uniqueness. I rate Bale and Waddle higher than Son. Clearly for consistency and longevity Son is higher
Nah, Berba was skilled and unique but he never reached the heights Son has in the Premier league. Bale and Waddle I can give ya, but not VDV and Berba.. that is just pure disrespect to Son.

Nah, Berba was skilled and unique but he never reached the heights Son has in the Premier league. Bale and Waddle I can give ya, but not VDV and Berba.. that is just pure disrespect to Son.
No way

He was unique - epitome of a Spurs player. Son is brilliantly effective don’t get me wrong but Berba smoked fags, strolled about and had a touch equal to Hoddle

No way

He was unique - epitome of a Spurs player. Son is brilliantly effective don’t get me wrong but Berba smoked fags, strolled about and had a touch equal to Hoddle
He had good moments but he never reached the height of Son. Son has averaged 20 goals and 10 assists for the past 6 years man....

Please do not compare the 2.....

No way

I saw Berbatov's Spurs debut away at Birmingham in a friendly game.

He scored a great goal and was perfect in everything he did.

His touch, his passing, his vision, his finishing.

I knew he was going to be the bollocks from that one game.

One of my favourite Spurs players of all time.

A player you would gladly pay to watch.

A proper footballer.

Back
Top Bottom