Southampton Vs Tottenham - 3pm New Year's Day.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What I’d like to see:

gazza
Foyth - Sanchez - Toby - Sess
Skipp - Ndombele
Lucas - Lo Celso - Eriksen
kane

what I expect:

Gazza
Aurier - Sanchez - Toby - Jan
Dier - NDombele
Lucas - Dele - Eriksen
kane

Skipp won't play! He clearly is not good enough and won't get picked this season

After the Norwich draw it is important we win this. Top 4 is still within our grasp.

I appreciate that Mourinho went bold against Norwich and started our ball players. Problem was later in the game we didn't have any game changers to bring on.

Hope he starts one of Dier and Sissoko so we can change to a more attacking lineup later in the game.

New year new attitude🤷‍♂️.....it’s around this time last year it started to go downhill for Pochettino, so it would be great to put a really good 2nd half of the season run together, including smashing Liverpool in the coming weeks, I have a feeling Jose will really go for the FA cup as well as the CL, and there is no reason we can’t finish 2nd (all be it about 25pts behind VAR/Liverpool) if we really take this serious.....

Lay down the challenge Jose and let’s see what these guys have got!!

I just have no idea what to do about the CDM role. Do we persist with dier? Do we give winks a go screening for this game?

Doesn’t look like Skipp has a chance at the moment, if we can only buy one player in January then surely it has to be a CDM it’s our biggest problem and can be traced back to so many of our defensive errors.

It will be suicide if we don’t atleast try to go after one with Wanyama looking like he might be finally gone. Even if we can’t get an immediate deal done surely we can line one up for next season and loan him back for this seasons remainder.

What happened to that sander berge bloke is he available? Or even that Colombian fella at shaktar his name escapes me.

New year new attitude🤷‍♂️.....it’s around this time last year it started to go downhill for Pochettino, so it would be great to put a really good 2nd half of the season run together, including smashing Liverpool in the coming weeks, I have a feeling Jose will really go for the FA cup as well as the CL, and there is no reason we can’t finish 2nd (all be it about 25pts behind VAR/Liverpool) if we really take this serious.....

Lay down the challenge Jose and let’s see what these guys have got!!
Can you imagine if we finish 2nd? We would still get abused for bottling the league against Liverpool! :mourfacepalm:

We definitely need an anchor in the middle to control the centre of the park. I’d have Dier or Winks in there, with Ndombele and Lo Celso either side. Then Kane, Dele and Lucas up top.

-----------Gazza----------------
Aurier - Sanchez - Toby - Jan
----Sissoko --- NDombele----
--Lamela--Eriksen----Dele---
------------Kane ----------------

COYS

Yeah, would be amazed if Lamela doesn't start this.

I assume he comes in for Foyth and we go back to the 4231 (though hopefully 433) - sadly, I assume Lo Celso will also be dropped to the bench for one of Sissoko/Dier/Winks.

Back
Top Bottom