Southampton (H)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

zin zin is going to cut you for that

I'm not going to be doing this anymore next season anyway, just thought I'd see it through this season seeing as we're almost done. With so much time dedicated to it and with specific individuals seemingly thinking its a platform to make some sort of point by constantly over or under marking or giving ratings of 11 or 0 it's clearly not taken seriously enough and I highly doubt it will be missed!

This is on top of the bickering over whether people who were not at the ground being allowed to express an opinion.

I'm not going to be doing this anymore next season anyway, just thought I'd see it through this season seeing as we're almost done. With so much time dedicated to it and with specific individuals seemingly thinking its a platform to make some sort of point by constantly over or under marking or giving ratings of 11 or 0 it's clearly not taken seriously enough and I highly doubt it will be missed!

This is on top of the bickering over whether people who were not at the ground being allowed to express an opinion.
h57446259

I'm sure Éperons Éperons would gladly take the job

What was the problem? People discussing performances? I think Zin classes everything as bickering.

You dont want to do it, then fine, but dont blame others for not being serious enough. As far as I can see, there's two pages of ratings here.

What was the problem? People discussing performances? I think Zin classes everything as bickering.

You dont want to do it, then fine, but dont blame others for not being serious enough. As far as I can see, there's two pages of ratings here.

Yes my post was entirely about people discussing performances. Thank you for your input, the irony of you replying to a post about having enough of something is not lost on me, perhaps I will leave the forum now for a prolonged period and return at a later date too.

Lloris - 8

Walker - 6.5
Dawson - 6
Vertonghen - 6
BAE - 4

Lennon - 4
Huddlestone - 7
Dembele - 6
Dempsey - 5

Bale - 7
Defoe - 5

Holtby - 6.5
Siggy - 6
Ade - 7

Yes my post was entirely about people discussing performances. Thank you for your input, the irony of you replying to a post about having enough of something is not lost on me, perhaps I will leave the forum now for a prolonged period and return at a later date too.

Seeing as you only post in your own ratings threads anyway, and you claim you are no longer going to do it, then returning will be pointless.

Maybe LLB Part Deux LLB Part Deux would like to give it another go :dempsey:

Having a wife, two kids and a manager who actually pays attention to what I'm doing during work hours = nope. Thing is, over on GG.net you got 'more or less' enough sample to do worthwhile ratings (c.20-30) and support the removal of outliers in the data (e.g. people rating 3-4 points above or below the mean average for a particular player). The smaller the dataset, the more reliance there is on the objectivity of the data you do get.

Conservatively I'd estimate that manually collating data for analysis in this format takes 30m-2hrs per match depending on the amount of feedback posts. Certain games get more posts than others (televised games, 'bigger' matches, games we win comprehensively) whereas non-televised smaller matches struggle to get a robust number of responses.

Further than that, there are a lot of factors that contribute to what you can do with the data (correlations, crosstabs and the like) which might involve inputting additional data and certainly rely on larger datasets.

So, in summary TL;DR.

Back
Top Bottom