Southampton (H)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

zin

Supporter
Lloris - 8

Walker - 7
Dawson - 6
Vertonghen - 7
Assou-Ekotto - 4.5

Lennon - 5
Huddlestone - 6.5
Dembele - 5
Dempsey - 4.5

Bale - 8
Defoe - 5

Subs:
Holtby - 6
Adebayor - 6
Sigurdsson - 6.5

BAE - 3 (how many times did he hoof the ball?)

Read his interview in The Guardian today and he came across really well. Shame he's pony at football.

Lloris - 8

Walker - 7
Dawson - 6
Vertonghen - 7
Assou-Ekotto - 4.5

Lennon - 5
Huddlestone - 6.5
Dembele - 5
Dempsey - 4.5

Bale - 8
Defoe - 5

Subs:
Holtby - 6
Adebayor - 6
Sigurdsson - 6.5

Bale was invisible for the most part until the goal , not a 8 IMO compared to Lloris who bossed it.

Huddlestone was MOM for me. In the first half he was the only one who didn't look half-terrified of making a mistake.

Adebayor made more of an impact than Siggy did IMO. I'd like to know how many touches Ade had of the ball compared to Defoe?

Ade was useless. I think he touched the ball three times. On one occasion he looked like he was trying to get away from the ball! Lol. Not laugh in a funny way though.

Defoe didn't have a blinder either. No one did really. Dawson was his usual solid self. BAE just pumped the ball into space..as per.

Walker worked hard. Lennon had a bit of a mare but its his first game back.

For me boas should have put siggy on for Lennon. And earlier.

Even bale was quiet till the goal. Not a good day at the office but we won.

Good teams win ugly and when they're off form. Lets hope it's the start of a run.

Thoughts:

- We've got a fantastic keeper.
- BAE needs some help on the left. He's very isolated.
- Walker was mostly anonymous.
- Seeing Big Tom go the distance was remarkable. Good for him. I like him playing as an anchor. Been clamoring to see it all season. But, we still need a creative midfielder that plays in a more forward role. I'm hoping Holtby will take to this position.
- Dembele is knackered. Needs the off-season more than anyone.
- I like Holtby's energy. Hasn't really found his place in the team yet, but I'm optimistic for what we'll see next season.
- Lennon couldn't really get into the game. How much that's down to Shaw and how much is down to his coming back from injury, I have no clue.
- Dempsey hasn't really found his place in the team yet, and I don't think he will. Can't really complain with the few goals he has had, though.
- Bale. Amazing goal. Showed how much Spurs mean to him after he scored and lost his shit against "his" team, and after promising to mute any celebrations, I think. Still, had a hard time getting into the game today,
- Defoe looked a bit clueless. Looked very motivated last time out and I was hopeful, so I'm disappointed with his performance today.
- Great improvement from Adebayor today. That back-heel flick to Dempsey was marvelous.

Very, very poor performance all round. Some will baulk at these low ratings, but considering the sheer importance and the modest opposition - here goes:

Lloris - 6.5

Walker - 5
Dawson - 5
Vertonghen - 6
Assou-Ekotto - 5

Lennon - 4
Huddlestone - 5.5
Dembele - 4.5
Dempsey - 4

Bale - 7 (a 5 for all round game but 2+ for this insanely important and classy goal)
Defoe - 4.5

Subs:
Holtby - 6.5
Adebayor - 5.5
Sigurdsson - 6.5

AVB: Kind of set out the right team, however the attitudes of the players is questionable. Someone like Dempsey, Dembele and Lennon don't look nearly fit either.

Matches like this terrify me. If we can't score against Southampton until the 86th minute, at the end of the season when we're still aiming for the top four, then maybe we SHOULD stay in fifth or below, y'know?

Bye bye Gazzy-B, was nice having you at the Lane...

Matches like this terrify me. If we can't score against Southampton until the 86th minute, at the end of the season when we're still aiming for the top four, then maybe we SHOULD stay in fifth or below, y'know?

Bye bye Gazzy-B, was nice having you at the Lane...

Ouch.

Yeah, I know AVB just said Bale is planning to stay even if we're not in the Champions League, but at this point I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to leave. If I was 23 and the hottest thing in football, I'd want to take as much as I could.

(Oh, and only just found out he named his daughter Alba Violet. AVB. Nice.)

Ade was useless. I think he touched the ball three times. On one occasion he looked like he was trying to get away from the ball! Lol.

Do you think you might just be letting your prejudice against adebayor cloud your judgement? When he came on we looked way more dangerous. He chased every lost cause and actually manages to hold the ball up and link play between midfield and up front.
I honestly don't think bale in the centre works without adebayor as he I always stretching defences leaving space in behind for bale.

I'm not saying he's amazing, by give the guy credit for what was actually a good performance today.

Back
Top Bottom