Song before kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My fellow Spurs fans I need your help. Every time at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium just right before kick-off but after the Premier league anthem, there's a song being played while the stadium commentator is reading out the starting eleven for the match. I really need to know the name of this song, because I heard it against City and against West Ham and it's stuck in my head and I don't even know the name of it. Appreciate the answers brothers.

My fellow Spurs fans I need your help. Every time at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium just right before kick-off but after the Premier league anthem, there's a song being played while the stadium commentator is reading out the starting eleven for the match. I really need to know the name of this song, because I heard it against City and against West Ham and it's stuck in my head and I don't even know the name of it. Appreciate the answers brothers.
Your question intrigued me, so I had a look at the Spurs vs Hammers full match replay. There isn't any music being played while the stadium announcer is reading out the starting 11's (about 3 min into this video)...

Didn't leave your earbuds in by mistake, did you?

The nearest tune to the time you mention is, of course, the chorus to 'The Battle Hymn of The Republic', aka 'Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur' (used to be Glory Glory Hallelujah in the good old days, so that's what I always sing - can't be doing with these new-fangled lyrics)...

Choirs crack me up! It's to do with the faces they make.

I dare say this isn't the mysterious tune you're banging on about, is it?

Insomnia

Back
Top Bottom