So anyone else terrified

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:avbfacepalm:

Why is it some fans can always find a negative spin on a players good performance. We are blessed with midfielders, but we have had a lot of injuries and lack of fitness at the start of the season. For example Huddlestone was looking particularly good this afternoon when he came on. And he has barely played in the last 18 months, and is a quality quality player.

I can see Huddlestone stepping in to do the spraying bit of his play once match fit, will have to look at the Stig for the surging runs though

Tucker said:
:avbfacepalm:

Why is it some fans can always find a negative spin on a players good performance. We are blessed with midfielders, but we have had a lot of injuries and lack of fitness at the start of the season. For example Huddlestone was looking particularly good this afternoon when he came on. And he has barely played in the last 18 months, and is a quality quality player.

Not meant to be a negative slant at all mate, this was just an admittedly contrived attempt to suggest that Moose looks like he's going to be a pivotal player for us already.

No team has 11 equal back ups.....they wouldnt sit on the bench!

Its about adapting and utilising other players skills. Like for like is not always needed.

I remember last year people saying, "yeah Spurs are a one man team, their fucked if Parker/Ade/Bale/Modric/Freidel/King/VDV gets injured"

Equally though, the same fundamental team that didn't quite do it the last few weeks was properly ticking over with Dembele in the side today. Looks to me at least like he was the missing piece.

Erik_Edman said:
Not meant to be a negative slant at all mate, this was just an admittedly contrived attempt to suggest that Moose looks like he's going to be a pivotal player for us already.

Ok :avblol:

And can we all please agree that his official name is going to be Moose!

But surely Dembele is the closest thing (and only thing) we have for a Modric replacement?

So by the same token, did you spend last year terrified that Modric would get injured?

I mean, yeah if it happens we will be worried of course. But you could say the same about lots of players I would have thought.

The year we finished in 4th place first time around Modric was out injured for a good few games, both Sandro and Dembele were pipe dreams and Scotty Parker was a spammer.

Just sayin'........

Back
Top Bottom