Snap Poll: Ange in or out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What should Spurs do with Ange Postecoglou? (Pre Burnley)

• Sack him now

Votes: 17 5.9%
  • Sack him if he loses 2-3 of the next 3

Votes: 31 10.7%
  • Keep him for next season

Votes: 241 83.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nope. No one's upset so please leave your patronising 'petal' at home. Answer me this: what purpose does this thread serve: he isn't getting sacked, doesn't deserve to be sacked and maybe, just maybe, supporting the manager should be a thing?

You deserve patronising responses because you're being an aggressive bell end for no reason at all.

Not sure why you need an explanation of what a poll is for, but here goes.

It's a reference for how the forum feels right now. Might be interesting now or in future.

Nothing on this forum makes any difference at all to the club. So feel free to stop posting if that's an issue.

And if this poll shows that most people want to keep him, then surely that'd show support.

In the heat of last week I was absolutely in the "set fire to everything and sack him now, then invade Australia for ever producing a football manager like this" camp. I won't lie, the manner of the defeats against Woolwich and Chavs especially were painful, I cannot abide by being brushed aside so easily by local rivals. It fucking sickens me to see Goons celebrating on our patch.

That's said I've calmed down a bit now. I'm not sure he's going to lead us anywhere but we need the sort of stability we haven't had since the Poch days. It's insane to think we're on our 4th full time manager since Poch yet not a single one has completed a full season.

Let him have a clear out of the playing staff, get some new bodies in and evaluate at Christmas, see if performances have improved if not necessarily results and as long as we're heading in the right direction and we're not like 15th or something let him crack on. Even if we're now almost entirely rid of the Poch squad, their replacements have been for Jose, Conte and Nuno. The squad is all over the place.

You deserve patronising responses because you're being an aggressive bell end for no reason at all.

It's a reference for how the forum feels right now. Might be interesting now or in future.

Nothing on this forum makes any difference at all to the club. So feel free to stop posting if that's an issue.

And if this poll shows that most people want to keep him, then surely that'd show support.
I understand what a poll is...however, look at the results this far....could you not have predicted that? Aggressive bellend? Maybe, and perhaps some of the humour in my initial post was misunderstood or it was poorly written. Point stands: dunno why this thread is a thing.

Fuck knows. Part of me thinks we've made our bed and have to lie in it until October and then review but if we lose 2 of our last 3 then thats 6 defeats out of 7 or 7 out of 10. Dont really care how long you've been here or what stage of the project we're at, those results get you sacked at pretty much every big club.

To be honest, I'd still prefer him to be sacked at the end of the season - it's neat & tidy. That said, I've changed my vote to 'sack him now', in the absence of my heart's desire.

We need a manager who can motivate, not one who just stands in his box, farting.
I think we also need a " Give him a 10 year contract / job for life option. That would probably be a popular choice judging by the cult status he enjoys amongst some on here. Especially our new Aussie contingent.

Usually like your posts but this one is bad...how can you sack a manager who has earned us more points this year than last, has a better win rate than klopp and arteta in their first year and lost the best striker in the world?
Sure some results have been dogshite and it's frustrating but I bet you, and most others, would have taken 5th or 6th at the start of the season.
Yes, I know there have been things to love about Ange, but to me they can be categorised as 'new manager bounce'. I may be mistaken, but to my eye the team doesn't seem to be playing for him these days. It's gone pear-shaped and I'd be surprised if he can claw it back to how it was in those first few heady weeks.
Trust me, I hate how it is. I wanted him to succeed as much as anyone did, but I'm trying to be objective. His future's all in the past.
A new manager won't bring us overnight success, but hopefully he'll have more than one strategy.

Yes, I know there have been things to love about Ange, but to me they can be categorised as 'new manager bounce'. I may be mistaken, but to my eye the team doesn't seem to be playing for him these days. It's gone pear-shaped and I'd be surprised if he can claw it back to how it was in those first few heady weeks.
Trust me, I hate how it is. I wanted him to succeed as much as anyone did, but I'm trying to be objective. His future's all in the past.
A new manager won't bring us overnight success, but hopefully he'll have more than one strategy.

Yep, let us just keep changing manager every season until we have instant success with one. That's definitely an excellent strategy.

You never know, get through enough managers and maybe you can have a go at it one day.

:sonpoint:

I understand what a poll is...however, look at the results this far....could you not have predicted that? Aggressive bellend? Maybe, and perhaps some of the humour in my initial post was misunderstood or it was poorly written. Point stands: dunno why this thread is a thing.
I would've predicted more Ange out, but majority keeping him. I'm certainly the latter.

Chill Winston.

At least you can see by the poll that most posters have some common sense and agree with you on Ange.

:tanguythumb:

In all honesty mate, you didn't really need a poll to see what the opinion of posters is, you just need to look in either the positive or negative threads.

So far, all this thread is showing is that the day walkers have voted. We have to wait for the rest to vote as their coffins don't open until dark.

silent film vampire GIF

I voted keeping him for a year. It is fair to him and the organization needs continuity in the role. But what I'd like to see is a picture of him getting on a plane back to Australia.

Having followed Spurs since 1968 I can honestly say, with hand on heart, I haven't got a fucking clue.

I voted keep him for next season.

But I'm so disillusioned I genuinely don't care one way or the other.

Back
Top Bottom