Signing of the year

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Signing of the year

• Mousa Dembele

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • Clint Dempsey

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Lewis Holtby

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Hugo Lloris

Votes: 48 42.1%
  • Gylfi Sigurdsson

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Jan Vertonghen

Votes: 50 43.9%

• Total voters
Leds didnt ever really bring it out of the back that much, ie. run through midfield and look like scoring / creating something. Awesome anticipation and pace (before the knees gave up) though.

Dont remember him creating much though or being a potential goal threat like JV does.

Im getting all nostalgic about Woody and Leds now... Christ, how much better would we have been if those two could both have stayed fit for more than a few games? Sigh.

Either way JV gets my vote

screen_capture_14.jpg

Yanks :avbfacepalm: ...

mama_june_shannon_slide.gif

I understand why people go for Lloris or Vertonghen, because they are our most glamourous and prestigious signings, but I think as far as immediate and significant impact on our season Dembele has been more important.

I think Vertonghen's recent return to form and Dembele slight slump may be the cause of such a difference in votes, over the season both players have averaged around the same score with Dembele just edging it. Lloris is ahead of both though.

Regardless, I voted for Vertonghen because of the goals.

'ugo. I feel he's saved us more points than the others have won us. I can only remember on PL mistake of his leading to a goal.

Jan, Jan, Super Jan just shades it from Hugo for me. They are both class acts and hopefully a season's experience will help us get next season off to a flying start. The Moose is OK but he needs Sandro alongside him to free him up to play his best.

Back
Top Bottom