Should we sacrifice the PL for Europa League?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we sacrifice the PL for Europa League?

• Yes

Votes: 37 55.2%
  • No

Votes: 30 44.8%

• Total voters
People trying to equate football and intellect
It’s why AVB and Pochs diamond and Jose’s counter don’t work, but Arrys “run around a bit” did.

Footballers are just blokes who want to have fun out there.
Said it before it’s a simple game.

That’s why inverted wingers are shit

Leicester won the league having two CBs the size of Tyson who would flatten you, a quality DM and hoofing the ball up to Vardy.

Liverpool won it by having two fast full backs who could bypass their weak midfield and get the ball up to their devastating attack

We had Dele and Eriksen in Wanyamas position

Last edited:
R16 draw out and some good news, Zagreb is quite an easy opponent.

This means the first set of crowded fixtures- 5 games in 14 days- should not be overly taxing.
We play 1st leg at home.

This is the team that I wanna see for that first leg:

Son Vinicius Bale
Alli Hojbjerg Lo Celso
Reguilon Ald Dier Aurier
Lloris

2nd leg should be as strong as it needs to be based on 1st leg result.

Last edited:
We play 1st leg at home.

This is the team that I wanna see for that first leg:

Son Vinicius Bale
Alli Hojbjerg Lo Celso
Reguilon Ald Rodon Aurier
Lloris

2nd leg should be as strong as it needs to be based on 1st leg result.

I would rather not, as if we played that team we would not be playing the second leg due to having been kicked out of competition

Considering the surrounding fixtures and of course depending on players form, I think we'll probably go for this in the first leg :

Lloris
Doherty - Alderweireld - Dier - Davies
Winks - Sissoko
Lamela - Dele - Lucas
Vinicius
With the big guns on standby if needed. Really hoping Lo Celso is fit by then. He'd be a big help during this fixture congestion.

Considering the surrounding fixtures and of course depending on players form, I think we'll probably go for this in the first leg :

Lloris
Doherty - Alderweireld - Dier - Davies
Winks - Sissoko
Lamela - Dele - Lucas
Vinicius
With the big guns on standby if needed. Really hoping Lo Celso is fit by then. He'd be a big help during this fixture congestion.
I think this is a bit weak given Zagreb are the best team we've faced in this competition so far. I'd have Hojbjerg, Son, Lo Celso Reguilon in there.
Fine with resting Kane.

I think this is a bit weak given Zagreb are the best team we've faced in this competition so far. I'd have Hojbjerg, Son, Lo Celso Reguilon in there.
Fine with resting Kane.

I think Mourinho will have one eye on Woolwich.

I think he has confidence in his Europa League side.

FFS.
Are you really paying any attention to Spurs at all, or just a pie in the sky theorist.

Rodon is not registered for Europe
Yes you're right, sorry my bad.

That's really bizarre though, as we did have the opportunity to register him for the K/O stages (for group stages he was bought too late). I wonder why we decided not to register him. Frankly I'd have him above Sanchez and Tanganga.

Yes you're right, sorry my bad.

That's really bizarre though, as we did have the opportunity to register him for the K/O stages (for group stages he was bought too late). I wonder why we decided not to register him. Frankly I'd have him above Sanchez and Tanganga.
Jose said that it would be more damaging to the squad to drop someone (Sanchez?) from the previous squad, than to Rodon.

Don't understand it myself but there you go.

Back
Top Bottom