Should we go all out and ONLY buy Premier League experienced players in the next window?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we go all out and ONLY buy Premier League experienced players in the next window?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is the Premier League that much of a culture shock to foreign players? Is it that bigger deal to not speak the same language in a game of football??

Experienced Premier League players you say?

Like Saha, Parker, Nelsen, Pienaar, etc.

Jokes aside - the ones who would improve our squad would cost a premium and are often overpriced. We didn't hire Baldini for nothing - after all he brought some of the most exciting continental talent last summer.

Voted 'no'

Last edited:
Is the Premier League that much of a culture shock to foreign players? Is it that bigger deal to not speak the same language in a game of football??
To be honest I only really want a LB this window and as long as they are good enough I dont care where they come from.

The issue for me is the scale and composition of change, IE to many players all centreed on attacking, not where they are from.

Bloody hell.....took me longer to read the subject than the actual message!
Voted no.....no more saha and nelson please and to buy a decent player will cost too much. In baldini we trust.

Having said that - Phil Neville might be available on a free. Arry identified him years ago and we should pounce soon, I reckon.

Failing which - Graham Le Saux could always cover for Rose on a pay as you play

Last edited:
Having said that - Phil Neville might be available on a free. Arry identified him years ago and we should pounce soon, I reckon.

Failing which - Graham Le Saux could always cover for Rose on a pay as you play

Not sure what made me chuckle more. The thought of Le Saux playing for us or the stupid idea that Rose will be fit again to play for us.

I want Benteke and to this day I can't understand why we didn't just pay the asking price when we then went out and got soldado for about the same.

We're spurs though. So we'll probably get him in January and he'll do a cruciate on February 1st

I want Benteke and to this day I can't understand why we didn't just pay the asking price when we then went out and got soldado for about the same.

We're spurs though. So we'll probably get him in January and he'll do a cruciate on February 1st

I wonder if we were genuinely interested.

I wanted us to be, and IMO it made so much sense - especially as in hindsight the money was clearly not a problem - yet we never confirmed interest or made a bid iirc.

Lots of talk, "sources" and agent waffle, then he signs a new contract and thats that. I suspect it may have always been a ploy to drum up interest/a new deal and we were never in the running at all. Tried and tested...

Especially as Soldado is basically the opposite of Benteke, would appear strange to go for one and then the other

I wonder if we were genuinely interested.

I wanted us to be, and IMO it made so much sense - especially as in hindsight the money was clearly not a problem - yet we never confirmed interest or made a bid iirc.

Lots of talk, "sources" and agent waffle, then he signs a new contract and thats that. I suspect it may have always been a ploy to drum up interest/a new deal and we were never in the running at all. Tried and tested...

Especially as Soldado is basically the opposite of Benteke, would appear strange to go for one and then the other

He would have been ideal, Lambert must have something on him, it made no sense why he stayed

Possibly a lack of interest? Perhaps he was sensible and saw another year at villa as key to his development (and developing value)

Possibly a lack of interest? Perhaps he was sensible and saw another year at villa as key to his development (and developing value)

Yeah these Belgians seem to have their head screwed on, like Lukaku too, thank god Jose such an arrogant prick, when he ships him out and drops their best player

Would be nice to go back in for Benteke in summer once we have a proper forward line clearout

Back
Top Bottom