Should Hojbjerg be captain?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hojbjerg for captain?

• No, Lloris is our man

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • No, Kane is our man

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • No, someone else is our man (please specify)

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • Yes, PEH is our man

Votes: 11 9.8%
  • We don't have a player on the books fit to be captain

Votes: 50 44.6%

• Total voters
Holberg should definitely be captain. He has all the attributes for the role. Holberg is one of the main players I see organising the team and defense and midfield. He is always pointing and barking instructions. Getting a promotion to club captain will give holberg the added authority with his leadership and the players eill have to do whatever he says. He is a natural born leader.

I never thought lloris should have stayed captain even if he was in the team. It is a huge responsibility to be the captain and maybe the burden has played on lloris's shoulders and contributed to his mistakes. Holberg would be my number 1 choice and then Romero who is another great leader. If you think about our spine we have three of the toughest bravest players especially if richarlison starts. Richy in the forward line, holberg in midfield and romero and pedro porro in defence. We need more players like this. We have a few players with weak mentality but the last few transfer windows we have brought in courageous players that are not intimidated.

Holberg should definitely be captain. He has all the attributes for the role. Holberg is one of the main players I see organising the team and defense and midfield. He is always pointing and barking instructions. Getting a promotion to club captain will give holberg the added authority with his leadership and the players eill have to do whatever he says. He is a natural born leader.

I never thought lloris should have stayed captain even if he was in the team. It is a huge responsibility to be the captain and maybe the burden has played on lloris's shoulders and contributed to his mistakes. Holberg would be my number 1 choice and then Romero who is another great leader. If you think about our spine we have three of the toughest bravest players especially if richarlison starts. Richy in the forward line, holberg in midfield and romero and pedro porro in defence. We need more players like this. We have a few players with weak mentality but the last few transfer windows we have brought in courageous players that are not intimidated.
Agree, Hojbjerg could captain, the U23’s.

People still seem to be under the illusion that a modern captain's role is all blood and guts and hollering on the pitch, as personified by the likes of John Terry (or Graham Roberts if you'd prefer a more Lilywhite point of reference).

Hehe this is good stuff

Hoijberg is an utter fraud. He tries to gee the crowd up and give off a "Viking warrior" image but he's constantly out of position, gives the ball away and waves his arms around blaming other for his mistakes. I also don't think a captain should hide so the defenders can't pass him the ball. He's the Danish Steffen Freund.

It’s getting old.

I dont hate him as a player but if we got a good bid in for him I would look to move him on. He just doesn't have the technical skills to play in a midfield for us if we want to be a better side. He is another Palacios or Parker, we need a Modric or a dembele or a carrick.

This is what we're missing...love Dembele even more watching this

Holberg, romero and richy are just have tough. I have seen richy Square up to lots of players.
It’s getting old.
Hi friend. I appreciate the comment you made. It is just my thoughts. Apologies if you feel I reiterate things but I will stand by my views and respect your views. I appreciate holbergs qualities and nothing will change that. Also there is an ignore option on the functionality. Feel free to use it if you must. Keep your head up buddy. The sun is out and things are looking brighter in the weather and the team. God bless you.

I really thought this was an April Fools post.

Only a psychopath puts him ahead of Kane. Type of person with a coat of arms.
Hi Bernard, I love kane and he leads by example in putting in Stellar performances but he is not a leader. Kane is a very quiet lad and that is not a bad thing but you need someone a bit more outspoken for the job of captain. Someone to rally the troops. Also kanes contract limbo at the moment should not see him as captain. I believe a captain should be within midfield or defence in order to constantly see what is front of him and then act accordingly in terms of having a word with a player not doing their job. Kane does not have that in him to tell off another player. We all love kane though. Enjoy the rest of the day buddy.

Romero, Richarlison and Hojberg are hard as watery diarrhoea. Romero hiding from the Dutch was embarrassing but the fact he can't square up to anyone., Hojberg can't even go in hard in a single tackle and Richarlison is simply a excitable nutjob.

Hoijberg is an utter fraud. He tries to gee the crowd up and give off a "Viking warrior" image but he's constantly out of position, gives the ball away and waves his arms around blaming other for his mistakes. I also don't think a captain should hide so the defenders can't pass him the ball. He's the Danish Steffen Freund.
Steffen FRAUD?!!
:freund::freundgoal:

Back
Top Bottom