Shattered Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I do agree with many points in this article and the underlying tone of sticking together through thick and thin is surely the point of being a supporter. I think these are points that some people need to hear.

We are 3 points off fourth, so why is everyone so down on social media? In my view, the success that the Nomads from down the road are enjoying is causing subsidence in the foundation of our own support.
Everyone has a niggling doubt while those cunts are actually up there that they might actually do it.

But this is only one of a number of things that have eroded Spurs fans patience, going back to the last kick of the CL final when Drogba stole our spot for the cheating scumbags. Add to that Modric, the Bale saga, losing Willian to the oil mafioso, and mix in the recent double-whammy defeats to the Spammers and Woolwich, and you can understand why Spurs fans feel so fucking moody.

Yes, expectations have risen and perhaps without foundation, but no one can deny we have had such a bad run without the rub of the green, while the opposite has been happening in the Effeminates, it's had an adverse effect on everyone.

...so, are you a glass half-full, or half-empty kinda person???
Normally positive, but the moaning, complaining, snide remarks are getting me down.

Also if we lose Lamela, even on loan, 6 months after Bale walked.......

As fans, I don't think we're as bad or disunited as you make out. Look at Millwall, physically fighting each other, and what you said about Cardiff is untrue in my experience; I think the splits in their support last year over the changing of their identity were far worse than any similar thing at Spurs. I think when any team is doing well their fans are united but when they're not there's always a degree of disunity.

Having said that, I agree with your comments about our support at Woolwich and it was depressing to be part of the small minority who stayed to applaud the players at the end. But this is nothing unusual. Whenever we are losing to them, people find it hard to take and too many don't sing. And when the game is "definitely" lost then too many people leave. This has been true for years though. Conversely our away support at Chelsea is always good.

This... would be a real admission that we can't handle the VERY top talent!
Or unfortunatley the top talent does not want to handle us!!!
But I refuse to believe that, because we have tradition and you can't buy that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom