Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

another no-sense loan?
Not really, Reguilon has high wages and based off the rumours, he’s very particular on where he wants to play.

Also, this is just how Conte works so I’m not blaming him or anything, but's it’s difficult to sell players when they’ve been banished to the shadow realm.

Reguilon wasn’t even involved in preseason play, so teams know we’re desperate to get rid, they’ll always go for the inexpensive/no risk loan option late in the window.

He seems a nice lad but has never been good enough for us, best for all parties that he leaves

Probably bit more the contrast in opinion when we signed him and Kulusevski.

The truth is very few players are guaranteed to be a success once signed.

In some cases it's clear that whoever the manager the player will shine. With others there are innumerable factors.

And yep good luck to the bloke. He will probably end up in some final whilst we scream at the injustice.

Amazing to think when we signed him, most of us were worried he'd only be here 2 years before Real Madrid bought him back.

Instead he leaves on loan with no obligation to buy...
Have to say, I expected so much more from him

Amazing to think when we signed him, most of us were worried he'd only be here 2 years before Real Madrid bought him back.

Instead he leaves on loan with no obligation to buy...
Have to say, I expected so much more from him

All went down hill when Mourinho bought him that ham

Great move for all parties involved. What's not to like?

I still rate Reguilón. IMO, he's still a top-level LB in a back 4. Great mentality, elite engine, good enough pace. He always seems to be in the right spot, right time to contribute offensively, but his touch invariably lets him down. May be a bit injury-prone, but usually minor and not chronic.

As a Spanish national, it definitely makes more sense for him to be playing for a top club in La Liga, than taking up an unwarranted foreign roster spot for Spurs as a 3rd/4th/5th choice LWB.

Maybe he rediscovers his form when many were worried about Real buying him back from under us.

I'd be surprised if we see him here again... even more so with our move for Udogie. But you never know... Periśič could be used in the front 3 on the left or right if we're low on attacking options.

I'd rather see Perišić, Sessegnon or even Bryan Gil at LWB than Reguilón. TBH Spence and Tanganga also.

Hope he does well, I'll be keeping an eye out.

Apparently he had a groin surgery last week?
DLIgcteWkAAjAdP.jpg

Back
Top Bottom