Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I admire your confidence, sir. In fact I'd like to buy it.

It's free - all that's required is a bit of blind faith.

Bear in mind I've gone from a "this is fucking stupid, we'd never sign Aurier" a few weeks back, to expecting the official announcement by Thursday, all because of some very vague but confident information.

As I understand it wasn't until April that skilled non eu immigrants seeking work tier 2 visas had to even provide a Crimial Record check. Teachers, doctors, etc.
It was up to the applicant to declare it.
If Aueirs appeal has been heard and a decision made, but not made public by the court, surely his legal team have inside info as to if it was successful.
If we are applying for a work permit we surely must know.
If he was denied entry from playing one game he's not getting a work permit if it hasn't been successful.. He will have to do community service, in France, I should think.
So, if we have agreed a deal, a contract and he's had a medical why not announce it subject to the formality of a work permit.
If his conviction has been overturned then that's what it should be.
There is no reason for them to deny it, he has the points and he's got no conviction.
Am I missing something here.

As I understand it wasn't until April that skilled non eu immigrants seeking work tier 2 visas had to even provide a Crimial Record check. Teachers, doctors, etc.
If Aueirs appeal has been heard and a decision made, but not made public by the court, surely his legal team have inside info as to if it was successful.
If he was denied entry from playing one game he's not getting a work permit if it hasn't been successful.. He will have to do community service, in France, I should think.
So, if we have agreed a deal, a contract and he's had a medical why not announce it subject to the formality of a work permit.
There is no reason for them to deny it, he has the points and he's got no conviction.

I think that's pretty much the jist, but the same can be said for Foyth. I think we are very tactical about how and when we announce signings, often to temper expectation.

Aurier's appeal case is still ongoing and no court decision has been made and won't be before window closes.

Why was sissoko trouble? He was just a bad player nothing wrong with his attitude.

I've said it before, Janssen, Soldado, Holtby etc got way more support than Sissoko for at the very least contributing as much and putting in the same effort. Difference is race.

Ade, Sissoko and now Aurier must be lazy greedy blacks right?

The French football journalist Julian Laurens said Aurier was actually a very good person in the dressing room and only caused problems outside of it. He thinks maybe moving away from his longtime friends that he's had from a poor part of Paris will help him.

I've said it before, Janssen, Soldado, Holtby etc got way more support than Sissoko for at the very least contributing as much and putting in the same effort. Difference is race.

Ade, Sissoko and now Aurier must be lazy greedy blacks right?
Think you may be grasping here mate - Ade is a Lazy Greedy player as noted by most other clubs fans.

Lamella was getting similar stick to Sissoko during his first season - it was only when he knuckled down and improved that he got the leeway - I agree he is not trouble but would hope that was poor wording rather than anything sinister.

If we went in for Lee Bowyer I would imagine the same reaction as Aurier, fact is we haven't gone for a white player with the same history so cant say for certain.

Why was sissoko trouble? He was just a bad player nothing wrong with his attitude.

He'd barely got his feet in the door when he was moaning in the press about CL games at Wembley. It's disruptive and Poch froze him out as a result. He came with the reputation of having a bad attitude from Newcastle.

I also don't think he is a bad player. He's got a lot of talent and showed it for France in the Euros.

The French football journalist Julian Laurens said Aurier was actually a very good person in the dressing room and only caused problems outside of it. He thinks maybe moving away from his longtime friends that he's had from a poor part of Paris will help him.

That's quite interesting. It's been tried before.

It worked wonders for Ince, moving out of London to Man Utd.

It didn't work at all for Nile Ranger.

The type of trouble Aurier has created, especially the homophobic remarks, are entirely of his own making. I don't see how new surroundings would have prevented that and honestly even if he kept quiet about them I still wouldn't want someone stuck in the Dark Ages.

Welcome to Tottenham.

Back
Top Bottom