Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

so aurier is a better crosser of the ball that TAA and robertson? yea i dont watch every minute of every liverpool game but from what ive seen they are in a different league to aurier when it comes to putting quality balls in. theres a difference between 'completed' crosses and dangerous crosses aswell....stats can distort things if thats all you look at. leon britton had better passing stats than xavi....do you think hes a better passer?
You need to understand the difference between anecdotal evidence and fact. The facts bare out what he says. TAA play in a system that accentuates their crossing from deep. Ergo they do it a lot. Whether that leads to actual goals is not the huge margin many imagine. We don't play like this we haven't since Walker and Rose.No one is claiming they are poor but they are NOT head and shoulders better than Aurier, Wan bissaka, Castagne, Pirera. Good proof of this is TAA, at international level he never looks quite the level player as at Pool, but its mostly just the system and of course a bit of the personnel. Modern coaches are way less obsessed with the Charles Hughes coaching handbook crosses mean goals ethos for a reason . They don't!

You need to understand the difference between anecdotal evidence and fact. The facts bare out what he says. TAA play in a system that accentuates their crossing from deep. Ergo they do it a lot. Whether that leads to actual goals is not the huge margin many imagine. We don't play like this we haven't since Walker and Rose.No one is claiming they are poor but they are NOT head and shoulders better than Aurier, Wan bissaka, Castagne, Pirera. Good proof of this is TAA, at international level he never looks quite the level player as at Pool, but its mostly just the system and of course a bit of the personnel. Modern coaches are way less obsessed with the Charles Hughes coaching handbook crosses mean goals.
i dont need stats to see aurier is inferior when it comes to crossing a ball. his first 3 crosses yesterday was typical aurier. the worst thing about him is hes never even under pressure and he still cant stick a decent ball in, that is a poor player imo. auriers crossing would be comical if he wasnt a spurs player

i dont need stats to see aurier is inferior when it comes to crossing a ball. his first 3 crosses yesterday was typical aurier. the worst thing about him is hes never even under pressure and he still cant stick a decent ball in, that is a poor player imo. auriers crossing would be comical if he wasnt a spurs player
Again the facts don't bare out what your saying. Saying "I see it "against an actual statistical pool is Trump level bogus. Secondly slinging in crosses from fullback is way less important than you seem to think. Thirdly the way Jose plays( this season) its even less important. But hey let's get this unicorn crossing machine fullback EPL ready they grow on trees apparently. If your argument was based on any other issue it would be worth hearing on this ( he can't cross) its empty.

but realistically hes majorly inferior. i watch enough liverpool games to see their fullbacks are superior at crossing than aurier. as i said they may not 'complete' a high % but most of their crosses are dangerous balls into the box. auriers are fucking pony 9 times out of 10.
Fuck me!!! WE DON"T PLAY LIKE LFC! We hardly cross at all, in fact, we are the complete opposite, we have the lowest number of crosses (200) of any team in the league (LFC have the highest 399), it's in their gameplan it's NOT in ours!!!!

Statistically, he is far, far better, it's as simple as that. You watch every min of our games, so that means you witness the unsuccessful crosses (they are LOW % anyway, for all clubs, for all players) but as you confirm you don't watch a full game of LFC's, so you are watching the highlights that will only show the successful ones or those that came close.

TAA is one of their main set-piece taker corners and free-kicks, this is where a lot of his assist numbers have come from. He's a very good crosser of the ball, but he takes over double the number of crosses Aurier dose.

The way LFC play however allows them to counter-press those defended, miss-hit, over hit, under-hit, blocked crosses, it's part of their game plan. They look to win the 2nd ball or press the oppo defender defending the cross, rushing their clearance so they increase the chance of winning it high up the pitch.
according to the premier league stats hes not better...
aurier
  • Team Play
    Assists10
    Passes2,625
    Passes per match39.77
    Big Chances Created13
    Crosses249
    Cross accuracy %15%
    Through balls1
    Accurate long balls74
robertson
Assists37
Passes9,447
Passes per match56.23
Big Chances Created46
Crosses795
Cross accuracy %18%
Through balls8
Accurate long balls356

TAA
Team Play
Assists28
Passes6,201
Passes per match57.42
Big Chances Created35
Crosses795
Cross accuracy %23%
Through balls13
Accurate long balls452

Fuck me!!! WE DON"T PLAY LIKE LFC! We hardly cross at all, in fact, we are the complete opposite, we have the lowest number of crosses (200) of any team in the league (LFC have the highest 399), it's in their gameplan it's NOT in ours!!!!
what has playing a certain style got to do with comparing players who can cross and who cant? i said hes shit at crossing, youve said he isnt and stats say otherwise (of which you was wrong). then youve said we dont play like LFC, well when did anyone say we did or that was even relevant too a debate about which fullbacks are better crossers of the ball?? youre trying to debate that aurier is decent at crossing, youre on a hiding to nothing hes fucking atrocious at it.

according to the premier league stats hes not better...
aurier
  • Team Play
    Assists10
    Passes2,625
    Passes per match39.77
    Big Chances Created13
    Crosses249
    Cross accuracy %15%
    Through balls1
    Accurate long balls74
robertson
Assists37
Passes9,447
Passes per match56.23
Big Chances Created46
Crosses795
Cross accuracy %18%
Through balls8
Accurate long balls356

TAA
Team Play
Assists28
Passes6,201
Passes per match57.42
Big Chances Created35
Crosses795
Cross accuracy %23%
Through balls13
Accurate long balls452
From "OPEN PLAY" Aurier has assisted more goals than TAA!!! That's what was being said, read what I write before you respond. TAA takes their corners from the left and also a vast majority of their free kicks. Aurier does neither for us.

what has playing a certain style got to do with comparing players who can cross and who cant? i said hes shit at crossing, youve said he isnt and stats say otherwise (of which you was wrong). then youve said we dont play like LFC, well when did anyone say we did or that was even relevant too a debate about which fullbacks are better crossers of the ball?? youre trying to debate that aurier is decent at crossing, youre on a hiding to nothing hes fucking atrocious at it.
Some people arrive at a position, for whatever reason, and then start arguing from there.

If you watch Spurs since he came, you can't possibly think he's a good crosser. Trippier was better than him, and now Regui is better than him. It's not even close.

From "OPEN PLAY"!!!

Again the facts don't bare out what your saying. Saying "I see it "against an actual statistical pool is Trump level bogus. Secondly slinging in crosses from fullback is way less important than you seem to think. Thirdly the way Jose plays( this season) its even less important. But hey let's get this unicorn crossing machine fullback EPL ready they grow on trees apparently. If your argument was based on any other issue it would be worth hearing on this ( he can't cross) its empty.
was leon britton a better passer than xavi? your stat argument doesnt always tell the true picture in football..not that the stats even back you up. sometimes it helps to watch the game and when you see aurier waste 9 out of 10 good opportunities to stick a good ball in the box, you come to the conclusion that hes fucking awful at it.

Some people arrive at a position, for whatever reason, and then start arguing from there.

If you watch Spurs since he came, you can't possibly think he's a good crosser. Trippier was better than him, and now Regui is better than him. It's not even close.
appraently hes better than liverpools full backs. ive heard it all now

From "OPEN PLAY" Aurier has assisted more goals than TAA!!! That's what was being said, read what I write before you respond. TAA takes their corners from the left and also a vast majority of their free kicks. Aurier does neither for us.
Man, fuck your stats. Watch some football. AURIER IS NOT GOOD AT CROSSING.

appraently hes better than liverpools full backs. ive heard it all now
Statstically Winks was also one of the most progressive passers in the league last season. Football stats are often bullshit.

Man, fuck your stats. Watch some football. AURIER IS NOT GOOD AT CROSSING.
Yeah, that's right I don't watch us play a single game, I just stare at a spreadsheet instead. Twat!

Statistically, he's a better fucking crosser from open play than TAA!!! That's all that's been said so stick that stat where the sun doesn't shine, pretend that that's not the case all you want. I don't give a fucking shit what you do with it.

He also saved a goal with his block.
Think we all know he has a brain snap in him but he has the pace Doherty lacks.
All the best FBs have pace, still have no idea what the fuck our scout team saw in Doherty - you’d think his plodding style would have ruled him out from the get go
It seems strange to me how does these things late on though.
West Ham, Palace, Brenford and probably a few more. Why always so late? Does he burn out and need t come off?

Back
Top Bottom