Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It really winds me up when we have this attitude. It's not something silly that's been blown out of proportion. Over 15k people have died for fucks sake and that's from being infected maybe before the lockdown was enforced. STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM PEOPLE YOU DO NOT LIVE WITH. FUCKING SIMPLE. WHO CARES IF YOU'RE NOT FIT. AT LEAST YOU'RE ALIVE. train alone in the park, street or garden!!!

Never said it has mate my father is among those who have died from it.

But these guys are no doubt being tested for it by the club and although it's against the social distancing rules they have a lot higher chance catching it from going to the shops being handed money by a cashier or touching an item on the shelves or just being in public then running alongside someone in a open area.

It's just blow out of proportion by the mediabecause it's slow news now. This has had the same backlash as having hookers around for a party or going to get pissed and crashing a car whilst in lockdown

That said however Aurier is a wanker for posting it I agree guys a moron of the highest order for that

Meh. Would you classify him as having a good footballing brain? Intelligent footballer? Not for me.
This is one of the oldest canard going. "Footballing intelligence" is little more than spatial awareness and tactical acumen times technical ability, it has zero corollary with cognitive ability away from a football pitch. Example Ronaldinho genius on the pitch off it not so much. For the record that footballing mastermind Modric, not mensa material either.

Meh. Would you classify him as having a good footballing brain? Intelligent footballer? Not for me.

I wouldn't say he's the type of footballer who keeps making bad decisions and blunders and constantly lets the team down.
Aurier is but not Sissoko, so I don't really see your point.

Sissoko's not a player with the type of vision to split open a defence with an incisive pass.

He's a powerhouse and I think he's a very important member of the squad.

This is one of the oldest canard going. "Footballing intelligence" is little more than spatial awareness and tactical acumen times technical ability, it has zero corollary with cognitive ability away from a football pitch. Example Ronaldinho genius on the pitch off it not so much. For the record that footballing mastermind Modric, not mensa material either.

I don’t think anybody is saying there is a correlation. The whole term ‘footballing intelligence’ implies a type of intelligence (perhaps natural instinct is a better phrase) that is distinct from everyday intelligence.

Look at Gazza. Not particularly the brightest off the field, but when it came to football he had a lightning fast brain.

Rooney could make incredible and ‘smart’ decisions on the field, but I wouldn’t trust him to operate a microwave.

:mourfacepalm:

TBF, the melts in the replies are hilarious.... Even better entertainment is the sprinkling of counter-enthusiasm like "yesssssssssss!!!" and "best RB in the league".... A potted pre-curser to the upcoming shit-show in this thread. :dawsonlol:

I mean Aurier is better than Aarons.

We aren't aiming to sign Aarons to be first choice are we? He's simply looked at for the future, an improvement on KWP and to push Aurier to be better and compete with him.

Its a shame that Aurier lapses in concentration don't seem to be vanishing (though there has been improvements) - because he's a pretty good right back. Strong on the ball, great at tackling when standing up to a player, great athlete etc. But those little things like risky passes or making a tackle when it's not needed will ultimately be the end of his support from the fans.

Its like he needs to perform at a 9/10 minimum to even get praised by fans when alot of others will be praised for playing a 6/10 most weeks because of past performances. Again though, I think alot of it is because of our form and we're not winning many games.

Put Aurier in our 16/17 team with the way we were playing, the defensive solidarity we had and I reckon he gets half the dislike. But that's football I guess.

I still like him though.

Last edited:

We aren't aiming to sign Aarons to be first choice are we? He's simply looked at for the future, an improvement on KWP and to push Aurier to be better and compete with him.

Its a shame that Aurier lapses in concentration don't seem to be vanishing (though there has been improvements) - because he's a pretty good right back. Strong on the ball, great at tackling when standing up to a player, great athlete etc. But those little things like risky passes or making a tackle when it's not needed will ultimately be the end of his support from the fans.

Its like he needs to perform at a 9/10 minimum to even get praised by fans when alot of others will be praised for playing a 6/10 most weeks because of past performances. Again though, I think alot of it is because of our form and we're not winning many games.

Put Aurier in our 16/17 team with the way we were playing, the defensive solidarity we had and I reckon he gets half the dislike. But that's football I guess.

I still like him though.
In agreement I like him as well he seems committed and gives 100% okay a bit of a loose cannon but he’s a trier.........and to replace him we’d need to spend serious cash , serious cash we haven’t got to replace him on the cheap could end up with someone no better than him or even worse.

I still like him though.
TBF I think Aurier is one of our most improved players under Mourinho and it's no bad thing to safeguard against losing him for cheap by topping up his contract.

There's also the benefit of keeping him around to help Tanguy settle in further. They seem friendly.

In agreement I like him as well he seems committed and gives 100% okay a bit of a loose cannon but he’s a trier.........and to replace him we’d need to spend serious cash , serious cash we haven’t got to replace him on the cheap could end up with someone no better than him or even worse.

Have u ever seen him busting a gut to get back when the ball is turned over? So to say he's a trier is stretching it a little. I think he's lazy. Tunes out too often. Poor defensively. If he was the business going forward you would say something but he's not. You will get some some good crosses alright but he's very erratic. You won't compete at the top end with guys like him

I love this guy but man he makes it hard doesn't he!?

😂

I mean, its clear all footballers have had hair cuts, Lamela has a fucking blonde bleach fade ffs, he hasn't done that himself.

But Serge man, whilst you and justcuts have probably been tested and are both not carrying the virus, it's not smart!

Back
Top Bottom