Season 2022 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where Will We Finish?

• Total voters
I am assuming the Super Computer is making up transfers they think will happen. Only way Newcastle would be that high and they must think Chelsea and United will make some big transfers to close the window.

I have us above Chelsea right now, but if they make 2-3 big transfers then it's a toss up. United is way behind until they make 4-5 really big signings and ETH hits the ground running. I think he's going to be a failure but who knows at this point.

Skybet title odds down to 16/1
I don't think they've ever been so low. Are you all whacking all your money on this, or is this the bookies actually taking us seriously?
Currently 3rd favourites behind City and Liverpool
I’ve backed top two. May well go big on it again with a view to ran early cash out

I am assuming the Super Computer is making up transfers they think will happen. Only way Newcastle would be that high and they must think Chelsea and United will make some big transfers to close the window.

I have us above Chelsea right now, but if they make 2-3 big transfers then it's a toss up. United is way behind until they make 4-5 really big signings and ETH hits the ground running. I think he's going to be a failure but who knows at this point.
there is no super computer. A tabloid made up the table and published a silly "super computer" article. It's a pretty common trope now.

Having a look at historical final prem results and it's crazy that we've only ever cracked 80 once. But we'd have to be pretty confident we can do that again this season.

Which should be amazing, it's just that Liverpool and City keep on putting up such juiced numbers in the 90s it's hard to see anyone nabbing the title off them. We need the pack to take points off them more consistently.

To have a real shout we have to keep our number of games not won at around 10 or less it seems. This needs to be the season of non stop, foot on throat victories over all lower half teams. Keep up our recent form against City. Throw in some results finally going our way against Chelsea and Liverpool... Something magical could happen.

Why are they still quoting odds like 9/4 or 8/11 from £sd days?

As an over-40 (just), decimal odds are completely alien to me. I don’t want to know how much money I might win if my bet comes in, I want to know what probability of the bet coming in the bookies are giving me. So 9/4 odds I think if the fixture was played 13 times is X going to be the result more or less than nine times? If more, place the bet, if less walk away.

It’s not about how you start, it’s about how you finish. If we’re a handful of points off top in second or third by the time the WC comes around, we’ve got a great chance in my opinion. Get the hard games out of the way and get on a run in the second half of the season.
No, it's how you play the entire season. Dropping points in the first game is exactly the same as dropping points in the last game. If anything, it's probably more important how you start, because a good start gives you more options and flexibility down the line.

But at the end of the day... Every. Game. Counts.

No, it's how you play the entire season. Dropping points in the first game is exactly the same as dropping points in the last game. If anything, it's probably more important how you start, because a good start gives you more options and flexibility down the line.

But at the end of the day... Every. Game. Counts.

Last season after 3 games. We had 9 points and woolwich 0.

Good thing we had those points on the board….

going to be very interesting next year, i think we have closed the gap massively already and you feel like we are not done yet. not only have we pulled some quality footballers in you feel weve also cut that soft culture shit thats been at the club far too fucking long!

liverpool should be weaker now mane gone, hes been unreal for them in their little golden run the last 4 years or so. haaland coming in is imo a mystery to how good hell be, he could potentially make them weaker if he ruins the balance of having the 6 playmakers that they already have dominating possession in the opponents half. if haaland is the real deal and can play in tight spaces and do all the intricate stuff a city forward will be required to play..then fair play! but all his best bits ive seen is from him bursting into open space, city dont have that as they have sides pinned in.

if we can get richarlison and get that defence improved then i think we can really stick it on these two juggernauts.

Back
Top Bottom