Scott Houghton with an afro - Marcus Edwards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Playing in this Tournament, does it mean he will be given a break by the club and miss the pre season tour where he could have had opportunities?

The competition ends next week. He'll be back by the time our friendlies start. Whether or not he's in the squad is a different matter. He was last year.

The competition ends next week. He'll be back by the time our friendlies start. Whether or not he's in the squad is a different matter. He was last year.
I've heard he wasn't going on pre-season because of this Tournament, but I wasn't aware it ends at the end of this week so it was possible bollocks that I was told.

I've heard he wasn't going on pre-season because of this Tournament, but I wasn't aware it ends at the end of this week so it was possible bollocks that I was told.

I'd assume he just joins up with them a little later once done with England.

Would be strange if the club (Poch) didn't fully support him going and ensure it wouldn't hamper ME with regards to whatever their plans are for him.

I'd assume he just joins up with them a little later once done with England.

Would be strange if the club (Poch) didn't fully support him going and ensure it wouldn't hamper ME with regards to whatever their plans are for him.
The are still rumblings surrounding him that all isn't well just have to see how things pan out.

The are still rumblings surrounding him that all isn't well just have to see how things pan out.

The longish standing 'thinks he can find a better deal' rumours?

Tbh, he's 'welcome' to try (I.e. do one!) but the kid's advisors - whoever they are - would appear to be appalling.

The longish standing 'thinks he can find a better deal' rumours?

Tbh, he's 'welcome' to try (I.e. do one!) but the kid's advisors - whoever they are - would appear to be appalling.
The thing is he can get a mega deal tomorrow if he wanted. If he thinks he is as good as he is (why wouldn't he think otherwise) what's to stop him thinking he can go to Chelsea or Citeh and earn tomorrow more money than most of the first team today and still have the chance to play, because he thinks his good and his gaffer thinks he's Messi.

Right now he is still with us and that is because his advisers mainly his Dad I'm lead to believe, thinks that Tottenham is the right place for him. For what it's worth he is under Emimel Sports Management who manage an other Spurs player and four other academy players, so small fry. Until that is when you scratch below the surface a bit more and see that next to the sole director, Mr Costas Toffis, the company secretary is a Mr Skylet Andrew, Aka the cunt Sky Andrew (Sol Campbell's agent).

The thing is he can get a mega deal tomorrow if he wanted. If he thinks he is as good as he is (why wouldn't he think otherwise) what's to stop him thinking he can go to Chelsea or Citeh and earn tomorrow more money than most of the first team today and still have the chance to play, because he thinks his good and his gaffer thinks he's Messi.

Right now he is still with us and that is because his advisers mainly his Dad I'm lead to believe, thinks that Tottenham is the right place for him. For what it's worth he is under Emimel Sports Management who manage an other Spurs player and four other academy players, so small fry. Until that is when you scratch below the surface a bit more and see that next to the sole director, Mr Costas Toffis, the company secretary is a Mr Skylet Andrew, Aka the cunt Sky Andrew (Sol Campbell's agent).

Interesting re: the latter part.

It's hard to slate a kid for backing themselves, but what better place to be for a player of his profile right now.... It's not like he's even broken thorough on a 'Winks'-level yet.

Hardly a surprise to hear it could be an agent at play though....

So is there some kind of cut off that we have to have signed him by (given his age/development status and any senior registration requirements) or could he theoretically 'roll' indefinitely so long as mutually agreed?

Interesting re: the latter part.

It's hard to slate a kid for backing themselves, but what better place to be for a player of his profile right now.... It's not like he's even broken thorough on a 'Winks'-level yet.

Hardly a surprise to hear it could be an agent at play though....

So is there some kind of cut off that we have to have signed him by (given his age/development status and any senior registration requirements) or could he theoretically 'roll' indefinitely so long as mutually agreed?
No idea mate I'm afraid. I think for as long as he is here there will always be sharks circling and always an under current of noises.

It would be nice to hear him speak one day, get a sense of his feeling for the club. Like Onomah and Winks you know they are Spurs and want to represent thier club. I've no idea if Edwards fits into this category, it might not make any material difference but as a fan there is always comfort to know where they are at.

Back
Top Bottom