Sandro and Holtby: Method in the madness

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sandro annoyed me with his attitude under Sherwood, should have remained more professional, and he hasnt been quite the same players since his injury. Yet he went for very little.

Holtby I was surprised by, I can't work out if I rate him or not, but he seems perfectly suited to Poch's system and I believe Poch even tried to sign him for Southampton last January. Seems odd letting him go.

C'mon, professionalism is hardly a staple of Tim's reign, besides, what did Sandro do that was so unprofessional?

Tweeted about joining other clubs while the season was still on.
Tweeted to the world that Sherwood was going to be sacked.
Played like a cunt.

Anything else you missed?

Holtby I was surprised by, I can't work out if I rate him or not, but he seems perfectly suited to Poch's system and I believe Poch even tried to sign him for Southampton last January. Seems odd letting him go.

But that was at Southampton...when he came here, he had the likes of Eriksen, Chadli, Lamela, Dembele and Paulinho.

I would have honestly rather kept Siggy than Paulinho but will have to wait and see if we can get that 17M player to kick in under Poch I guess...

Holtby was behind every single one of them IMO, and he wanted first team football, so what choice is there..?

It was stupid for Poch to get rid of Sandro and Holtby while extending contracts to people like Rose.

Esp for the money we got for Sandro. If he only plays 10 games this season, then he will have made a good decision, but the beast played great in his last 2 competative games for us and hasn't been injured since march. Half a year.

The fact that Lennon, Townsend etc are still here and Holtby isn't? I saw his as backup for Lamlegs or Eriksen.

I like that we signed Gibbsy style players (big solid defensive units) but the Sandro leaving thing put a huge dent in my transfer season boner.

Played like a cunt.

Sandro never tweeted about leaving. That was his agent reacting to questions of the beast being dropped by Sherwood.

I actually like players who don't lie down if their manager is an idiot. He was proven right when he came back in the prem and helped us smash 3 past Villa in 30 mins in his last prem goal for us.

Sandro was part of the midfield that got our record prem points total that played well. To get rid of him for peanuts is stupid. There would be 20 other players id rather sell before getting rid of Sandro.

Sandro never tweeted about leaving. That was his agent reacting to questions of the beast being dropped by Sherwood.

I actually like players who don't lie down if their manager is an idiot. He was proven right when he came back in the prem and helped us smash 3 past Villa in 30 mins in his last prem goal for us.

Sandro was part of the midfield that got our record prem points total that played well. To get rid of him for peanuts is stupid. There would be 20 other players id rather sell before getting rid of Sandro.

I wanted to keep him too, but I guess there was more than met the eye on his sale.

For whatever reason Poch didnt want him, whether it was fitness or attitude, and we did sign what appears to be a direct replacement, so will reserve judgement for now.

As for the tweets....these are direct from Sandro while the season was still on. Its not ok.

I do not know anything yet, but I’m happy to have my name talked about by the size of a club like Sao Paulo. It would be very difficult for a loan here. If out, would have to be sold and it is not close.

……other teams came, however, with little money. President (Daniel Levy) negotiates every market…….. it is not easy.

He will resign at the end of the season. New manager, new everything.

Im all for players standing up too, but only if its in the clubs best interest. I dont see how any of that helped an already tragic season, and maybe Poch wants players he trusts.

As with Vlad's piss up video, maybe some players have shot themselves in the foot with their behaviour last season.

Played like a cunt.

I missed the bit where he played for the guy who doesn't believe in defensive midfielders. But then, you know all this because I've been through it with you before...so why not leave the question to who I directed it to?

I missed the bit where he played for the guy who doesn't believe in defensive midfielders. But then, you know all this because I've been through it with you before...so why not leave the question to who I directed it to?

I simply pointed out where Sandro had been un professional.

If you want a private conversation with someone else, send him a private message.
If you dont want a public discussion, dont use a public forum.

Its all very, very simple to understand.

I simply pointed out where Sandro had been un professional.

If you want a private conversation with someone else, send him a private message.
If you dont want a public discussion, dont use a public forum.

Its all very, very simple to understand.

Sam, I was using the quote function to reply to an individuals comment. I am happy for anyone else to read or comment on what I said, hence posing 'publicly' in the main thread rather than via PM.

But as I've already been made acutely aware of your point...(you may remember it, I believe it culminated in your last binning) you have no reason to offer up your opinion to me, again.

Sam, I was using the quote function to reply to an individuals comment. I am happy for anyone else to read or comment on what I said, hence posing 'publicly' in the main thread rather than via PM.

But as I've already been made acutely aware of your point...(you may remember it, I believe it culminated in your last binning) you have no reason to offer up your opinion to me, again.

Pretty fucking idiotic to keep quoting me then you twat

Back
Top Bottom