S12E22 - Levy: Should He Go Or Stay?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If it is about Levy then I'd prefer a third option...

1. Stay
2. Go
3. Move aside and focus solely on generating increased commercial revenues.

My reasoning:
  1. I would be worried who would replace ENIC as owners:
    • I do not want a dodgy nation state who would use us to 'sport wash' an immoral dictatorship.
    • I do not want an owner who would use our club as a vehicle to take generate personal wealth at our cost (e.g. the Glazers have cost Man U £1.1B!).
  2. Levy is very good at generating revenue - I'd like to see him focus just on that and have no influence on what we spend on players.
  3. We need a new chairman whose primary goal is to act like a big club and win as much as possible.
That requires a change in business model by Joe Lewis (or his daughter). If they are not willing to change their focus then I'd want ENIC out.

If it is about Levy then I'd prefer a third option...

1. Stay
2. Go
3. Move aside and focus solely on generating increased commercial revenues.

My reasoning:
  1. I would be worried who would replace ENIC as owners:
    • I do not want a dodgy nation state who would use us to 'sport wash' an immoral dictatorship.
    • I do not want an owner who would use our club as a vehicle to take generate personal wealth at our cost (e.g. the Glazers have cost Man U £1.1B!).
  2. Levy is very good at generating revenue - I'd like to see him focus just on that and have no influence on what we spend on players.
  3. We need a new chairman whose primary goal is to act like a big club and win as much as possible.
That requires a change in business model by Joe Lewis (or his daughter). If they are not willing to change their focus then I'd want ENIC out.

I am mostly going out. At the end of the day it’s upto ENIC who they sell too so I have come to the conclusion if they sell to a nation state that is because their morals are no different and they are happy for it, it wouldn’t be my choice to sell to someone like that but I am not the owner. I would hope they would sell to a bundle of investors who have ambition but it’s entirely upto ENIC.

My issue with ENIC is they have no plan on the pitch. They have a clear plan for profit and infrastructure growth and yes that is very good for the long term future of the club so that is good but we are football fans and I don’t get what their vision is.

We go from project managers to pragmatists managers, from new up and coming managers to old elite. We buy young players for managers who don’t use young players. I don’t get what we are, what the fuck are we football wise???

We get Paratici and then get Conte an elite short term manager who needs elite players but we don’t spend £70m to get Gardivol or Skrinair so why do we get Conte. I have no issue with us getting Potter for a project on the cheap but getting Conte and Jose you need to spend enough to get the squads to Man City or Liverpool level and that is from here £200-300m.

I don’t get what we are trying to do. It’s all opportunism, short term tactical moves without an identity. I love the old Tottenham identity of progressive football one of the first and best teams for it in the entire country, why doesn’t Levy hinge off that. I can see what the vision is off the pitch, I am confused about the vision on it. We need new energy as a club. Levy has a great legacy in the stadium but I am not sure he is the man to make us good on the the pitch and that is what we want.

I would take option 3 but only if it could be made clear and in writing he has nothing to do anymore with the football vision and workings and let the DoF do his job entirely.

The geezers who run this podcast/forum are Levy arse licker's. They are complicit with Enic . Like the Tottenham trust self interest bollocks.
As much of the problem as Levy himself.
They must be on his birthday card list

The geezers who run this podcast/forum are Levy arse licker's. They are complicit with Enic . Like the Tottenham trust self interest bollocks.
As much of the problem as Levy himself.
They must be on his birthday card list
Many thanks for continuing to use the site and helping to generate advertising revenue which is sent directly to the club.

Daniel and I appreciate your support.

Back
Top Bottom