Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought the match against Southampton was a turning point for him, he was positive and assertive, but he has gone back to how he played most of last season,
why go back into your shell ? he must know in most matches he gets either 60mins fron the start or 20 mins from the bench

Thought the match against Southampton was a turning point for him, he was positive and assertive, but he has gone back to how he played most of last season,
Why go back into your shell ? he must know in most matches he gets either 60mins fron the start or 20 mins from the bench

Look at the highlights. He was more involved than I realised.
His "assist" for the Kane goal and for the Richarlison offside goal.

Look at the highlights. He was more involved than I realised.
His "assist" for the Kane goal and for the Richarlison offside goal.
Exactly the point I was making in this and the match thread. Sessegnon had a very good game.

Every single player will have moments where what they try to do doesn't come off, Richarlison had a few of them yesterday too, but everyone's focus on Richy was on the positives he brought, which is the way it should be. For some reason, there are more than a few on here that only want to focus on what didn't come off for Sessegnon, ignoring what did work well, and there was plenty that went well.

Why we have so many fans that seem to need to have one of our own players to hate on is the aspect of this club's fanbase that I utterly detest, we've always had it going back as far as I can remember.

Self styled "experts" who make a call on a player and will NEVER sway from it no matter what he does well. They'd rather dig out the couple of fails than focus on the dozen successes.

Self aggrandisement over self awareness.

What I'm seeing with Sess as his major issue is when he receives the ball a long way from goal.

If he gets it near the box he does seem to attack it quite positively. As with the assist and offside assist yesterday.

Where he falls down, is when he's in his own half or around the halfway line. He rarely if ever tries to take on a man and go past them. If he has the ball he may carry it 10-20 yards but then turn around and pass back rather than be more ambitious. That's where he needs to improve his game. I wonder if he lacks confidence because he's afraid of giving the ball away sometimes.

Conte thinks Sessegnon has something and continues to give him chances.

Nothing whatsoever to suggest Conte will give anyone favours who he does not think are competent or capable

Look at the list if those who are gone so see that Sessegnon is obviously better in reality than the perception of some posters.

Again I say let's see but the evidence is pretty conclusive at present.

Nothing whatsoever to suggest Conte will give anyone favours who he does not think are competent or capable

Look at the list if those who are gone so see that Sessegnon is obviously better in reality than the perception of some posters.

Well then by this logic you absolutely have to apply it to Royal as well, who has played far more minutes on the opposite side. There is able competition for him yet he continues to play almost every minute of every game.

Are the posters all right on Royal and all wrong on Sess?

Well then by this logic you absolutely have to apply it to Royal as well, who has played far more minutes on the opposite side. There is able competition for him yet he continues to play almost every minute of every game.

Are the posters all right on Royal and all wrong on Sess?

Nope, it's exactly as you state. Pure and simple.

No way in planet earth, Conte plays both if they are not good enough.

He's home grown, competent enough & was more suited to WB than Reguilon. That's why Conte gives him chances. If you look at the list of who has gone, it's a hell of a lot of not-HG players. Getting rid of an OK back up left back was never going to be a priority.

He played quite well vs Fulham & Southampton. He's a solid fill in for these games. I don't really expect him to develop much further than that, but hey he may well do at some point..

Nope, it's exactly as you state. Pure and simple.

No way in planet earth, Conte plays both if they are not good enough.

This assumes

a) Great managers have never played substandard players. Alex Ferguson had Tom Cleverley starting in midfield for a long while. All managers have players they maybe like because of attitude or other intangibles. It doesn't mean they're very good.

b) He's playing someone like Emerson because he really rates him & not because Spence is raw & adapting and Doherty is climbing back from a bad injury, having been first choice prior to it..

I am not sure if posters think every player has to be brilliant. I mean what is going on?

It must be a mix and 6 games in, undefeated and with Sessegnon and Royal being part of that I am perplexed at the continued criticism.

We may not have the best 11 players in every position but we are building a squad ths6t bit by bit will hopefully improve.

If Sessegnom is not part of that going forward then okay but fcuk me rather him every single blessed day than some of the dross that is out there.

Nothing like fantasy.

He’s playing because we only have two half decent or better LWBs. Peresic is better, Sess is half decent. But not actually decent. He needs to improve, or he’s out. We can’t keep hoping next season, that just foolish. Same goes for Royal. I expect Spence will overtake him mid season.

He’s playing because we only have two half decent or better LWBs. Peresic is better, Sess is half decent. But not actually decent. He needs to improve, or he’s out. We can’t keep hoping next season, that just foolish. Same goes for Royal. I expect Spence will overtake him mid season.
Conte himself has said we are 2 or 3 windows behind the top teams. In the meantime he has to play players that aren't up to his vision - that's his own words!

From what I saw yesterday he was good, not spectacular, and definitely not poor. I do feel his touch is slightly heavy, and, he seems to lack confidence to beat his man. I'm not convinced he will develop into a nailed on first XI player, but, think he's already a solid rotation option, and has room to improve. And, as others pointed out, HG too. Honestly don't get the negativity.

Always looks scared to me and has the bad habit of messing up the simple pass. That said, he has a good engine and is good defensively.

Conte’s decided to go with him for this season so we’ll see where he is after a steady run of games. Hopefully his confidence grows and he lives up to his early promise.

I didn’t think he had a bad game yesterday but thought he could have had a much better one.

Always looks scared to me and has the bad habit of messing up the simple pass. That said, he has a good engine and is good defensively.

Conte’s decided to go with him for this season so we’ll see where he is after a steady run of games. Hopefully his confidence grows and he lives up to his early promise.

I didn’t think he had a bad game yesterday but thought he could have had a much better one.
But that’s what annoys me about all this: “well, he’s not good enough, lacks confidence..” .. so why is he earning pots and playing for a top team in the best league in the world?

Thought he was solid against Fulham and has been for the most part this season, he’s obviously not a world beater. He’s someone who listens to the coaches instructions, he’s always in the right spots just doesn’t seem to have the talent or perhaps the confidence to take the next step in his game. I’m fine with him and Perisic starting in that role for now, Sess has a lot to prove though because next season Destiny will be in the squad and he’s tearing up Italy atm. Sess still needs time and needs to stay fit, I think the latter is his greatest problem.

Back
Top Bottom