Ryan Mason - Has he been sacked yet ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

he wasnt exactly harry kane was he. lets be honest he was shit and got shifted out to shit sides to find his level..... if he was a big player youd kind of get it...but he was far from. he should be coaching league 1 sides, not a side trying to finish top 4. fucking embarrassing from the club, this isnt how a big club behaves, chucking out important roles like some sort of fucking charity. what the fuck is ryan mason going to teach the likes of maddison, bissouma and bentancur? he couldnt lace their boots! 32 year old retired championship level midfielder....soft fucking charity shit.

I can see that hen could be a good coach but he’s said before he wants the managers job and he’s seen before that his best chance at getting it is when another manager gets fired.

Needs to go out into the real world and earn it before getting it because right now he’s a permanent feature that’s still left over from a losing culture of permanent furniture at the club. I’d love him to go and win stuff then come back but I just don’t trust him floating around anymore.
He should do what Kieran McKenna did... Learn your trade in lower leagues, and now he's on the brink of becoming a PL manager... and possibly the type of young, up and coming coach for US to consider one day...

He should do what Kieran McKenna did... Learn your trade in lower leagues, and now he's on the brink of becoming a PL manager... and possibly the type of young, up and coming coach for US to consider one day...

Absolutely. The longer he stays the more he's risking his chance to be that too and the further ahead of him guys like McKenna get.

Can we please have a set-piece coach back ffs.

I hope Ange isn’t so dogmatic and set in his ways that he can’t see that we are very very poor on set pieces and concede way too often because of stupid mistakes or lack of awareness.

What is troubling to me is that opponents have been pushing Vic around during corner kicks now for many games in a row and there seems to be zero reaction or adjustments.

Just looking at their transfer activity in the last 2 seasons. Either he, or their scouts must be masterminds as there's nothing OTT in there.

How many teams have gone from league 1 to the PL in successive seasons?

Definitely one to watch out for IMO. If they come up and settle he has to be of interest to a lot of clubs.
Obviously if they get battered every week then maybe not.

Tbh i think mason is there as eyes and ears of coach and players so can report to levy anything. Hes a permanent caretake manager for us unless he wants to try somewhere else.

That’s a bit paranoid but same time Levy is a control freak so he’d love to have an inside man in the coaching staff.

I just think it’s better for Ryan and Ange if he pursues his chances in the real world

Pro's and con's.

He is only 32 which for a manager is nothing. He is learning his trade in a club that churns through managers at a fast pace so has a lot to work with.

A more cynical person than me would think he knows he just has to chill out in the shadows until the current bloke is sacked and he is in the top job albeit for a short while.

Last edited:
By what metric is he qualified to coach us? No way he takes credit for our great start. But what IS he responsible for? I just don't get it.
this is down to levy because hes been here through a few managers now hasnt he. absolutely stinks! he has absolutely no right to have such an important role at this club, hes not earned it. been given it out of fucking sympathy. well never do fuck all if this is how the club operates.

if he was an ex player who was world class and won bundles youd get it....if it was luka modric youd understand it.....hes ryan mason. fucking sympathy handout.

this is down to levy because hes been here through a few managers now hasnt he. absolutely stinks! he has absolutely no right to have such an important role at this club, hes not earned it. been given it out of fucking sympathy. well never do fuck all if this is how the club operates.

if he was an ex player who was world class and won bundles youd get it....if it was luka modric youd understand it.....hes ryan mason. fucking sympathy handout.
Most great players make shit coaches though, this has been proven out time and again. The 2 are different skill sets.

I've said often that Mason needs to switch clubs to earn his stripes if he wants to actually become a top manager. But not having been a great player means fuck all regarding his ability as a coach.

I'm not at all understanding where this campaign against him is coming from, honestly, as if he's to blame for yesterday. Other than everyone is just angry and lashing out.

Most great players make shit coaches though, this has been proven out time and again. The 2 are different skill sets.

I've said often that Mason needs to switch clubs to earn his stripes if he wants to actually become a top manager. But not having been a great player means fuck all regarding his ability as a coach.

I'm not at all understanding where this campaign against him is coming from, honestly, as if he's to blame for yesterday. Other than everyone is just angry and lashing out.

Not a campaign against him, it’s about changing the culture and Groundhog Day cycle. Also for his own sake. Go out and earn your Spurs Ryan

If you just imagine you are reading the words of a bunch of nutters with various personal and mental health issues everything makes perfect sense.

And I’d imagine the hangovers and comedowns will last till Wednesday this week.

And while the ignore thread option is a great button when a thread gets traction it still appears which is a bit annoying tbh.

Can we please have a set-piece coach back ffs.

According to Gold, Christian Stellani was our defensive set piece coach the previous 2 years, and also he and Conte changed from man marking to Zonal during their time here. And there was nothing too poor about our defending of corners under Conte.

which is exactly the same as what's happening now, no defensive set piece coach, just someone of the coaching team handles it as well as their other coaching.

also Ryan Mason is nothing to do with defensive set pieces. Also of interest i thought is that Villa are statistically worse at set pieces than us this season .

But there you go anyway, Stellani is still out of a job so we can get him back if you like

He's probably nothing more than a sap who relays information from the dressing room to the boardroom. Levy's 'fly on the wall', so to speak.
Sherwood had a similar role at the club for a few years

Back
Top Bottom