Ross Barkley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I couldn't give two fucks if we do or don't. But it's totally relevant given we were clearly (as much as could possibly be believed in the bullshit transfer world) out for his signature. Just because you don't think he's all that or don't see a place for him doesn't make him an unworthy topic of discussion. And that's from me, someone who was happy if we just signed a Right Back.

Basically...... 1000 pages or we riot! :tobyarm:

Yeah, you've got a point there. So would I.

On that, who's Koeman clearly made better at Everton? I remember him chewing out Barkley last Sept and causing damage there, and I remember his quite disgusting treatment of Niasse.
I can't stand the guy, goes back to his free kick against England plus I hate they way he looks and carries himself, irrational I know but he comes across an absolute cunt, from his touchline spats, lies about committing himself to Southampton then immediately singing for Everton, then weeks latter whoreing himself out to Barca. All I see is a grotesque smirking and bitching bloke in a ill fitting suit.

Interesting mindset of football fans, but specific everton ones on the forums:

{ross declines contract extension}

July:................ "We should flat out refuse to sell him, and make him rot in the reserves until his contract is up"

{deadline passes without a move}

September:... "He's obviously trying to run his contract down - what a rat!"

:avbcringe:

That maybe so but with Winks emerging, Sissoko showing more and Dele maybe dropping into midfield more the case for him signing diminish by the week

With that said yes Poch can get a tune out of anyone and escpecially young English with a bit of talent, it's just as the squad is padding out there may not be a role for him and there could have been if he was more consistent himself last couple of years
I agree with that, but if we were interested in him 2 months ago, it's not impossible to assume the interest is still there. We might sell Dembele (*I'm sobbing) because of his injuries and instantly we might be light in midfield again. Again, I'm not bothered about him, I've seen him play great and poor. But I don't think it's pie in the sky stuff and given our interest he's a very relevant topic.

The boy seems to have well & truly burned his bridges with EFC. At least 95% of the fans have turned on him & Koeman said (a week or two back) he has no future at the club.

Definitely wont be playing for EFC in Feb.....would love to be a fly on the wall when Levy puts his £10m bid in!

Does have a slight whiff of the Judas situation although he made his position known to EFC weeks ago whereas Judas strung us along until the final day.

The boy seems to have well & truly burned his bridges with EFC. At least 95% of the fans have turned on him & Koeman said (a week or two back) he has no future at the club.

Definitely wont be playing for EFC in Feb.....would love to be a fly on the wall when Levy puts his £10m bid in!

Does have a slight whiff of the Judas situation although he made his position known to EFC weeks ago whereas Judas strung us along until the final day.
I don't see a problem with a player running their contract down if it's done openly. It's then up to the club to decide if there is more value in selling or holding on... and I'd also say if a player is doing things the wrong way it's absolutely their right to hold onto them and have them training with the reserves if they see fit. It has to work both ways.

I'll be shocked if Everton improve on last year, thought they were the worst team to visit the Lane last year. The only players I like are those that their academy have produced (nothing to do with him, all highly thought of before his arrival).

Everton will be crap this year, they've taken all the goals out of their team.

Same with the Scum, Sanchez hasn't let in body but he has mentally and they've decided to bench Giroud - whilst he isn't top level he'll still get 15-20 a season if he plays every game.

Everton and Koeman have mishandled this situation at WBA and Berahino levels of fuckwitery. Big Ron has called him out, slated him, given imaginary deadlines for signing a new deal and ultimately will have done themselves out of a fee. I get they now have a few quid via the Arseanal proxy owners but why not let hime move to us ? These guys have been sending all their young talent to Manchester, why be so petty now?

I can't see how they can blame us for unsettling the guy as his unrest and issues at the club predate our reported interest by a long way. I think Everton and Big Ron have made themselves look like dicks.
I happen to think Koeman is a dick and not really that good a manager.
He did the same at Southampton didn't he, called out players for wanting to leave, even went as far as saying they should be loyal and respect their contracts.
He then fucked of to Everton without seeing his out.
He's a mouthy cunt.

Really grinds my gears rant incoming.

That's ok though. He could have killed someone, or himself, but that's ok,
It's only drink driving.
If he'd have killed someone, caused a major accident that injured maimed or killed he would have probably not seen a jail and been playing like Alonso.
Not forgetting that it's a criminal offence in the first place.
Sorry your honour I was drunk. I didn't know what I was doing. I picked up the nearest thing and beat the bloke to death. Totally out of character.
Probation, community service, fine and carry on in your public job?
No way.
So why when you get pissed and drive is it dealt with leniency.
I despise it. Should get 1yr 1st offence. Do it again 5yrs mandatory.
Rooney and his ilk have no need to drink drive. If there are going out on the piss, hire a fucking chauffeur.

Drink drivers are scum! Especially ones that can easily afford to get a cab home or something. Drink driving should come with a prison sentence. Really clamp down on it as far as I'm concerned.

If you're immature enough to think it's right, you aren't mature enough to be behind the wheel. It really bothers me

Rather than look amazed at why players are not joining Chelsea as they are the ' champions' pundits like Merson, should try and engage their brain and think about why players are refusing them.

Llorente, had been on their radar for months, Barkley walked out on them, Costa can't wait to leave, Chamberlain chose the scousers over them. Tells me that despite the wealth of the club and being champions there are problems there with the manager, owner, player relationships

I think they hold us responsible for Barkley wanting to leave and have a grudge against us because we were in the same situation a as them but have done it better (Koeman even said that they need to copy the Spurs approach a little while back if memory serves me right)

We've stolen the march on them when they were our nearest rivals in footballing terms. The last few years has really seen us break away from them and I think they are a little envious as at the time people said it was impossible to catch the Man Uniteds, Chelseas and the Gooners which we ended up doing.

They have little mans syndrome when looking at us and I think selling to Chelsea didn't feel as much of a kick in the teeth for them. A lot of teams don't like us for some reason, I take it as a mark of respect
Maybe they needed to sell Barkley becuase they paid £50m for Siggurdsson. They may see it's down to us that he wants to wait and they have overspent and are still paying his wages..
They spent £21m net least season and before Siggy had spent £8m met.
With the money form Chelsea they would have some what £23m net.
On a par with last season,
Now they have spent £58m net and paying Ross Barkleys wages as well as Siggys.

Koeman is a massive bellend anyway.
Koeman has never liked Poch: He would not sell him any players when he took over the Saints, pissed Poch about with Schneiderlin, Poch can mix it with players on the field. Koeman is a fat stubbie cunt who has a shorties complex!

This is nothing to do with Barkley but I'm posting this to give an insight to Koeman and what he does with the players. Now given what we know about Barkley Everton 100% tried to sell (accepted an offer from the Chavs), Koeman for a year was slagging him off publicly, god only knows what he was doing to him behind the scenes!!

1) Are you honestly calling Chelsea a "big boy"?
2) Chelsea have a track record of buying top players and relegating them to squad back up. He wants to rebuild his career and the Chelsea model has been that if you don't hit the ground running you end up on the sidelines, big wages or otherwise. Far better to join a side that will give you the chance of being on show. Credit to him for being one of teh few players to spot this. But if it was just about trying as much as possible, why isn't he doing it at Everton?
Yes I am saying they are a big boy. League titles, Multiple cups, CL winners and one of highest payers in fees and wages in World football. If that doesn't constitute a big boy what the he'll does?

Back
Top Bottom