Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Amazing to think we still haven’t even seen our best 11 yet

Maybe even better is I'm not completely sure what is our best X1 when it comes to our midfield - I think its got to be Maddison and Bentancur but which is the 3rd ? Bissouma, Sarr, Kulusevski ......

And maybe it depends on the opposition.

Its a good position to be in.

Bumping this thread because he doesn’t deserve to be on the third page. He’s the entire reason Spurs have been able to play AngeBall with all the absentees. Class.

Can’t wait to watch him play with Maddison, the intelligence of those two with Sarr’s running and box to box coverage, going to be dynamic.

He was immense to today. Just makes you feel calm when we are in those tight spaces in midfield.
He glides about and his finish is actually something we will see more of when Biss and madders come back. This guy is going to be a star for us for years to come. Glad he’s back and hopefully he gets an injury free run till the end of the season now.

No idea how anyone watches that today and says they’d bench Bissouma for Bentancur.

Took his goal well. Was fucking ordinary apart from that and careless a few times.

Bissouma has been very poor after a good start.

Benta ain't fully fit yet after coming back from injury and still was the man in that midfield trying to drive forward and he also made 2 or 3 great blocks in our box.

Easy MOTM today mate no idea what you where watching tonight if you can't see that

Last edited:
No idea how anyone watches that today and says they’d bench Bissouma for Bentancur.

Took his goal well. Was fucking ordinary apart from that and careless a few times.
I don’t think either player has the all round quality to be the long term solution at 6/DM in Anges system.

Bissouma does some things better than Bentancur and vice versa, but I think both are far better 8/box to box players than a base of the midfield 3/DM that we could really build our midfield around long term.

Dont want to make it about Biss vs Bent, cause both will be useful and both will be play (I expect much more subs at 60-65min in midfield to keep intensity once all are fit/back from Afcon)… but next to Skippberg (still credits to them for their performances, but they are horribly limited) today no chance biss would look better

Back
Top Bottom