Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think they're going to play him for 90 minutes after he's returned from an ACL injury and barely had any minutes. At least I hope not.

Was my favourite player before his injury. He looked VERY leggy tonight, which is obviously to be expected.

Just so worried he will never be quite the same as before.

Was my favourite player before his injury. He looked VERY leggy tonight, which is obviously to be expected.

Just so worried he will never be quite the same as before.
he came on with 9 men and having to cover a lot more extra ground. everyone's going to look leggy in that scenario. it wont happen because postecoglou evidently wont change. but with a poor backline like we are going to have now a diamond of biss,sarr,bent and madders would see possession get absolutely bossed.

Yeah I think (and hope) you are all right.

I’m just paranoid as I snapped my ACL when I was 20 and never ever felt the same again. Obviously he has elite recovery support so it will be very different.

The list of players who had the injury who were never quite the same is scary really. Even Virgil VD hasn’t been the same player, as a recent example.

Like you all say, he probably needs a few more months yet.

Without Bissouma, he'll be needed in there.

IMO the CM position is our strongest, especially if Bentancur is now good for 60 mins next match, which I suspect he is unless he has a reaction to today's match.

Our 7 CM options become :
Bentancur (good for 60 mins),
Bissouma (suspeneded next match and at Afcon in Jan/early Feb),
Sarr (at Afcon in Jan/early Feb),
Skipp,
Hojbjerg
Lo Celso
Maddison (out injured until Jan ?)

We just need to mix and match over the next few months.

IMO the CM position is our strongest, especially if Bentancur is now good for 60 mins next match, which I suspect he is unless he has a reaction to today's match.

Our 7 CM options become :
Bentancur (good for 60 mins),
Bissouma (suspeneded next match and at Afcon in Jan/early Feb),
Sarr (at Afcon in Jan/early Feb),
Skipp,
Hojbjerg
Lo Celso
Maddison (out injured until Jan ?)

We just need to mix and match over the next few months.
Bissouma and Sarr won't be that big a miss if they keep putting in performances like they've been of late.

I'll cut the young lad some slack, really he shouldn't be an automatic starter in our team week in week out...mainly happening cause we didn't do the right level of business in the summer, leaving the squad short (again).

Bissouma has been a major disappointment since joining Spurs. Yeah his time under Conte didn't help, but maybe Conte wasn't all wrong about him? He did well at the start of the season, but it's been a while...and discipline is a big issue, shows the lad hasn't got all the mental tools.

Once they're at AFCON, that just leaves us with Roddy then. Cause Madds will still be out and let's be honest, the rest is rubbish.

knee jerk reactions after 2 losses, Sarr was played out of position, playing very advanced up the pitch, yves was playing like a man who didnt want to receive a yellow and he got it anyway, yesterday was an overall bad team performance, our defense was frail our midfielders were shit, forwards were shit , just another shitty day at the office. we really need glc or gil to step up in that number 10 role and create.

Back
Top Bottom