Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One word to describe Bentancur........CLASS.
I don’t know about Kulusevski as he is just 21 and hasn’t played that much. If Conte wants him that will do for me.
Together with Son and especially Romero fit again we can certainly improve for the rest of the season.
Somehow we managed to get 36 pts after half a season, 19 games. Repeat that or better and we should be in CL.
Another Perryman! What's next? Perrys mom?

What stuck out to me is that every time he got the ball he was looking to advancing it quickly without taking too many touches.

Conte loves a ball winning midfielder who progresses the ball quickly. It's not always the heroic pass that leads to goal scoring opportunities, ball moves quicker than the man. Progress it quickly and give the attacking players the opportunity to exploit open space before the defense can recover.
Adding some passing intelligence to our team would be...

Hungry Food GIF by Rosanna Pansino

Kane can't do it all himself.

Hey, Uruguayan here AMA, hope you guys are less entitled then the Juve fans, Bentancur is not only a great player, hes never Injured, hes a team first type of guy, low profile family guy, a true proffessional.

I havent been following the PL much lately, but now that my boy is here, ill watch every game.

Nice, he done well on his debut, what are his weaknesses if he has any that you have seen?

Hey, Uruguayan here AMA, hope you guys are less entitled then the Juve fans, Bentancur is not only a great player, hes never Injured, hes a team first type of guy, low profile family guy, a true proffessional.

I havent been following the PL much lately, but now that my boy is here, ill watch every game.
What have you done??? :contefacepalm2::kaneshh::contesideeye:

But thanks for the other info!

...hopefully he's as influential and popular as Gus Poyet was!

Just saw this on @spurssongsheet. To the tune of 'She's Electric' by Oasis.

'He's the reason,
We'll be playing on Wednesdays next season,
He came with a mate from Sweden,
Rodrigo Ben-tan-cur

Won't lie, I was melting a bit at the end of the window, but the more I hear, the more I like the sound of these two.

One moment stood out for me in the game against Brighton: when The Cur (tough, smart, hardworking son of a bitch) received the ball under pressure, turned (*actually turned*) and passed the ball to Harry. It was a neat pass as Harry was being double-marked. We got out of trouble and almost set up a goal from it. But it doesn't take much to see how this kind of play takes players out of the game.

Simple stuff, but the fact that stood out was kinda funny and a relief to watch.

I look forward to watching Mr Bentancur kick the shit out of Shithampton tonight, then unleash a 40 yard through ball for Kulusevski's first ever spurs goal.

It gonna happen.

Last edited:
What stuck out to me is that every time he got the ball he was looking to advancing it quickly without taking too many touches.

Conte loves a ball winning midfielder who progresses the ball quickly. It's not always the heroic pass that leads to goal scoring opportunities, ball moves quicker than the man. Progress it quickly and give the attacking players the opportunity to exploit open space before the defense can recover.

That was actually Dembele’s main weakness for a long time, he used to sit on the ball and kill our counter attacks, used to get groans from the crowds all the time. He fixed that issue and it improved him no end. One of Dele’s biggest weaknesses in deep areas was sitting on the ball. It’s a big issue with midfielders not to be able to distribute quickly.

That was actually Dembele’s main weakness for a long time, he used to sit on the ball and kill our counter attacks, used to get groans from the crowds all the time. He fixed that issue and it improved him no end. One of Dele’s biggest weaknesses in deep areas was sitting on the ball. It’s a big issue with midfielders not to be able to distribute quickly.

Worst offender ever.
:lamelaaghh:

Yeah Dele definitely dawdles on the ball. At least when Dembele was dawdling there was like a 50% chance he might just subsequently dribble through the oppositions's whole midfield. God l love that man.

I remember in youth football some shitty coaches who just wanted to win the regional championship insted of developing youth were teaching guys who were good at dribbling to keep the ball and dribble half the teams (good ones even). But im the end they ended up somewhere as local heroes in the lower leagues while some teammates turned professional footballers. Just doesnt work at a certain level. Except if you are Mousa Dembele! :dembelelol:

He's clearly a better player than winks and hojbjerg combined. Get him starting and we might starting having the kind of control over a game like Southampton had tonight.

Back
Top Bottom