Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopefully he'll mean the end of Winks. I don't see Skipp or PEH dropping out for him.
Skipp should be one of the first names on the team sheet, but let's hope that he turns out to be significantly better than PEH. A pretty underwhelming signing otherwise.

Should be Skipp and Bentancur in midfield, Son + Kane + Kulusevski upfront.

So basically we're spending 25mil on an average player who doesn't create. And we're gonna give him a 4 or 5 year contract. Somebody we had never shown interest in til Villa did. Okay. Sounds like great business.
Honestly 25m is not that much. And since we aren’t signing any better, we may aswell see what happens, maybe we’ll luck out and he’ll turn out fine.

What’s his profile? He’s box to box? Ball winning midfielder? If I am not mistaken, he was quite rated when he joined Juventus.

Hopefully he'll mean the end of Winks. I don't see Skipp or PEH dropping out for him.

“Reminds me of Winks once again” :pritchardeyes:

To be fair, I thought Winks has improved under Conte, but the point, of course, is to keep improving on what you have. I’ve not seen Bentancur play to know what kind of player he is but as long as Conte wants him, then I hope we‘re able to get him.

Honestly 25m is not that much. And since we aren’t signing any better, we may aswell see what happens, maybe we’ll luck out and he’ll turn out fine.

What’s his profile? He’s box to box? Ball winning midfielder? If I am not mistaken, he was quite rated when he joined Juventus.
Every single one of my many Italian friends, most of whom are Juve fans, have told me he's one of the worst CM they can remember Juve playing.

He's slow, can't pass, can't score. He gives so many balls away they've lost count seasons ago already.

All said he's a terrible signing and they never expected a club like Spurs to sign him. Palace, Villa, even Newcastle...okay. But not Spurs. Now they're buzzing and saying Fabio is a hero.

And they hate Kulusevski too.

Every single one of my many Italian friends, most of whom are Juve fans, have told me he's one of the worst CM they can remember Juve playing.

He's slow, can't pass, can't score. He gives so many balls away they've lost count seasons ago already.

All said he's a terrible signing and they never expected a club like Spurs to sign him. Palace, Villa, even Newcastle...okay. But not Spurs. Now they're buzzing and saying Fabio is a hero.

Honestly I’m not surprised. Paratici is a fraud and we’ll suffer a lot after the transfers he’ll have made in the next few years.

2fTrGuz.jpg

fml

Now, the Levy way for this all to go is for us to pile extra money into the Kulusevski deal in order to stiff Boca Juniors for their sell-on clause for this one, then for Levy and Aulas to start getting horny with each other again on the Ndombele loan, that blows up at the last second, and we're stuck with the inflated Kulusevski price, Ndombele, and no Betancur.

Sent this to my mate who is a big juve fan and he said it was a bizarre opinion. He said he had a very good year under Sarri but for whatever reason has stalled since.

Back
Top Bottom