Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You're conflating lots of different people here, fella.........

It's also possible to find middle ground between being a pushover and being some vigilante-style psycho...........
I agree. There’s a time and a place for it. I don’t think we have guys who have that middle ground. We are not soft but we are not tough enough in situations like yesterday whether that’s vocally or physically. Romero and VDV are definitely the ones that won’t take any prisoners but we need to be more streetwise.

sarr and biss back for city so defo no need to start him. need him for the run of games after anyway.

midway through jan poste should have some nice midfield problems to deal with in terms of selection.

one of the little negatives of having a coach whose mild mannered with officials like angie and Poch. They dont raise and make a big deal out of it like Jose or Conte would, Refs just allowing teams to kick the shit out of Bentacur, Maddison, Porro, Son.
100% agree with you. The other coaches, like Ferguson before them, do it to try to gain slight advantages in refereeing decisions.

I agree. There’s a time and a place for it. I don’t think we have guys who have that middle ground. We are not soft but we are not tough enough in situations like yesterday whether that’s vocally or physically. Romero and VDV are definitely the ones that won’t take any prisoners but we need to be more streetwise.

Porro, Biss, Dawg, Kulu, Benta, PEH..... I wouldn't expect any of those lads to take shit; even if they don't have the Michael Myers gene like Romero.

Most blatant Pen I've seen this season, literally elbowed him in the face

If Romero did that to Watkins, you'd had Neville Popping up saying VAR has got to take a look at it over and over again.
Until the game is stopped for 10 minutes showing the elbow from every angle, and at various frame rates...red card and penalty to Villa:ange-bored2:

praise him steve harvey GIF

If Romero did that to Watkins, you'd had Neville Popping up saying VAR has got to take a look at it over and over again.
Until the game is stopped for 10 minutes showing the elbow from every angle, and at various frame rates...red card and penalty to Villa:ange-bored2:

I really want to know if the guys in the VAR room get a clean feed or the feed with commentary on it.

I really want to know if the guys in the VAR room get a clean feed or the feed with commentary on it.
Ive thought this for a long time as well. Commentary has an effect on how most people view an incident. So if the VAR go with the commentators they probably won’t get any call back or scrutiny. I mean it makes sense for them to do that. Opens up for some of the very bias commentary massively effecting games. I’m looking at Neville and Carragher.

Ive thought this for a long time as well. Commentary has an effect on how most people view an incident. So if the VAR go with the commentators they probably won’t get any call back or scrutiny. I mean it makes sense for them to do that. Opens up for some of the very bias commentary massively effecting games. I’m looking at Neville and Carragher.

So, there is another side to this... They would most likely receive the world feed, not a broadcaster feed. Sky will get the same feed they do and add their own commentary.

It's very unlikely to be Gary Neville's commentary influencing them but it doesn't mean they don't hear any commentary.

If they were going out of their way to hear the Sky/TNT commentary then that would be very very shady and so open to conflicts of interest.

Exactly,same people want retribution and then destroy Romero for being an aggressive nasty bastard! Want one thing then moan when they get it just like the ones that are criticising just now when they wanted football that was great to watch then look for negatives because we lose a few games.

That is pretty dumb take on this.

Did you happen to watch any of Lamela's performances for us maybe?
Played 256 games for us. Over that time ONCE he got sent off. And that was for 2nd booking. So missed 1 match after.

When I am calling for "enforcer" I don't want it to be blatantly naive and stupid one. I want it to be done right.

Romero was sent off with straight red for something entirely different.

Bentancur Bissouma Maddison
Johnson Son Kulusevski

This lineup will score a load of goals.

Watching last 2 games, I can say with confidence that if our MF would be that, Kulu has no room in that frontline.

He offers minimal direct goal threat and is possession oriented winger. But this midfield already will be able to control the possession, so front line would need someone who can break the defensive shape and score or assist on his own.

Back
Top Bottom