Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Thanks a lot for the messages of support. I’m sure with the chance I missed we would of won the game. I know that people expect a lot from me and you still haven’t seen (the best of me) yet. If you work at it you’ll achieve it. I wish all the best to the people of Ukraine."

I knew the Soldado thread would be at the top of the list when I came to the forum today. I expected a lot more whining and negativity though. Really happy to see people saw what I did last night. Yes, he missed a chance that most people would have put away, but he was as aforementioned one of our best players on the night. He was unlucky to have his volley deflected by their defence (that could have been a classic Soldado goal) and his linkup play and little backheels and flicks were just delightful. His instagram post afterwards was a nice gesture.

Really feel for the guy, he's got so many ghosts lurking about his head right now I'm sure.. Just hope Tim Sherwood manages him in the best way now to get him scoring so that he can save his season. He aimed for 20 goals right, and he's got about 10? Still possible!
What worries me is that if he doesn't start scoring and find happiness while we at the same time miss out on CL, he will likely leave before fulfilling his potential. I think he's got a clause in his contract saying he could leave unless we play CL next season...

"Thanks a lot for the messages of support. I’m sure with the chance I missed we would of won the game. I know that people expect a lot from me and you still haven’t seen (the best of me) yet. If you work at it you’ll achieve it. I wish all the best to the people of Ukraine."
He's well and truly Spursy now

@ elias_swe_spurs

I very much doubt he has a clause specifying cl football..and if he does Levys not stupid enough to have his buyout clause below what we paid for him...since his currently not worth what we paid for him I expect to c him in the lilywhite next season...

I agree with a number of the posts. The boy needs our support more than ever! Im frustrated by him but we need to do all we can (chanting his name, when on the bench, even when he f**ks up!) its been 6 months. Lets continue to get behind him, show him some WHL love until the end of the season now, as it can only (hopefully) to be to everyone's benefit, long-term. For me there is no doubt he is top draw and I liked the understanding I saw between him and Eriksen on Thursday. Eriksen is settling in very nicely now, so maybe, when Bobbie gets his chance, we will see the fruits of that?

3 months, 12 - 16+ games all comp's? I think our patience and compassion where Soldado is concerned will eventually be rewarded big time!

COYS!!

PA-6634392.jpg

Its a shame, that like with our fans, support is conditional for on how talented the player is/can be

Eboue didnt matter to them.....

With us, we should back Soldado (true) but did everyone saying that back Jenas? Or Defoe? Do they support Dawson......and Bentaleb?

Back Soldado through this period (season) and help him to become (return to) the formidable, successful striker he was in Spain and one that woolwich would hate to see, but love to have!

If that is'nt incentive enough, then I don't know what is!!

COYS!!

They are becoming more laughable than Liverpool. It makes me smile.

Sorry, but those days are over imo.....its painful, but their home support has surpassed ours by miles.

On one hand, we are saying how important it is to back Soldado, then we laugh at them for trying to drum up support for Ozil?

My only problem is that I bet most of them were happy to abuse Eboue

Berbatov had a poor start as did many players who went on to be great for their clubs.
Soldado has class written all over him, he is in arut and will come out of it. With our support he will show us why we paid £26m for him.

Back
Top Bottom